There are many health benefits of Epsom salt and it is “A MUST” ingredient in your home.
Epsom salt, it is mineral compound comprised of magnesium and sulfate, Its named by a saline spring at Epsom in Surrey, England and it is not really a salt at all.
For centuries people have known the benefits of Epsom salt and it has many beauty, gardening and household uses, also has been used as a natural remedy for a number of ailments. It is known as a source of magnesium that can be found naturally in the river water.
Health Benefits of Epsom Salt
- Relaxation – With Epsom salts dissolved in warm water in a tub, and then you can make a salt bath independently. Magnesium in Epsom salts can increase energy production in cells.
- Relieving Cramps – Epsom salts can be absorbed easily by the skin. The absorption of magnesium reduces stomach cramps.
- Enzymatic Functions – Magnesium sulfate can keep fluid retention in the cell remained in normal condition.
- Improving Blood Circulation – Magnesium sulfate can improve blood circulation thus prevent cardiovascular disease. Consumption of magnesium sulfate can reduce the risk of blood clots and plaque deposits in the arteries.
- Keeping blood sugar levels – Magnesium sulfate may encourage the production of insulin in the body thereby lowering blood sugar levels in the body.
- Relieving constipation – Epsom salts can be used as a laxative. Dissolve one teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water, but do not drink more than once per day.
- Healing the wounds – Soak the wound in a solution of magnesium sulfate then you can reduce the inflammation around the wound.
- Overcoming bruises – Epsom salt has anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to relieve bruises. Add two cups of salt in warm bath water and soak your body.
- Overcoming foot infection – Soak the foot injuries to a solution of Epsom salt to kill a variety of germs that can cause infection.
- Overcoming uric acid – Epsom Salt Soaking is able to push in through the skin and relieve gout.
- Removing dead skin – Rubbing a little Epsom salts can help you to remove dead skin.
- The natural facial cleanser – Mix one teaspoon of Epsom salt with your regular cleaning.
- Overcoming blackheads – Blackheads can be caused by the oil in your pores. Mix one teaspoon of Epsom salt and four drops of iodine in half a cup of hot water. Apply the mixture to the area of blackheads then you can clean the oil from the pores.
- Removing hairspray styling products – Mix a few spoons of Epsom salt and lemon juice into one gallon of water. Stir and let stand for 24 hours before using. Use as you would use a shampoo.
- Increasing hair growth – Dissolve a solution of Epsom salts and massage it on the scalp. Let it sink into the pores of the head then you will be able to grow your hair fast.
- Washing Pots and Pans – Pour a little Epsom salt to the pan and dishes that are really dirty before you rub them.
- Cleaning the stain on ceramics – Apply Epsom salt solution into the stain. Scrub and you will obtain satisfactory results.
- As Hand-washing – Mix Epsom salts with baby oil. Use the mixture to make a moisturizing hand sanitizer. Store the mixture in a bottle and use regularly.
- Removing Detergents Build-up – Fill your washing machine with hot water mixed with one liter of vinegar and one cup of salt. Soak clothes and turn on the machine.
- For the Garden – Avoid chemical fertilizers, try using magnesium sulfate to get rid of insect pests and prevent snails.
Image via: HumansAreFree
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health