Coconut oil has become one of the must-have ingredients for people who are becoming aware of the importance of healthy living. This oil is popular all over the world. But, it turns out that its cousin, coconut butter is trying to reach the same level of popularity.
This special type of butter is very versatile – you can use in coffee, spread it on a slice of bread etc. Even though both coconut oil and coconut butter come from coconut tree, they don’t have the same properties.
For instance, coconut butter is made in a specific way – by mixing all parts of coconut like the flesh and juice for example. On the other hand, coconut oil is just extracted directly from the coconut. That’s why coconut butter includes potassium, fibre, iron and magnesium besides fat. Of course, they have are very similar in at least one thing – they are great for our health.
Coconut Butter Health Benefits
Enhances Immunity – It was confirmed that this butter is packed with lauric acid. Lauric acid is useful for those who want to enhance immunity and eliminate dangerous bacteria, fungi and viruses in our body. This acid is also part of breast milk and plays crucial role in the development of immune system in infants.
Supports Weight Loss – In case you are interested in losing extra weight, coconut butter is here to support your efforts. This butter accelerates the metabolism which ultimately leads to weight loss. If your metabolism is fast, the body can easily process the food in a fast manner which means that you’ll get more energy and eliminate calories faster too.
What is even better, this butter is packed with healthy fats that are used by our body for producing energy. Healthy fats make us feel sated for a long time and suppress appetite.
Take between one and two teaspoons of this butter on a daily basis and you will feel the effects after 15 days.
Keeps the Skin Healthy – Besides improving our health from the inside, coconut butter can enhance our appearance too. This butter is able to fight free radicals that cause damage to the skin. It acts as an excellent natural moisturizer too because it can go deep into the skin and enhance the tissues. Finally, coconut butter can boost the elasticity and smoothness of the skin and eliminate the signs of aging.
Regulates Blood Sugar – It is a well-known fact that blood sugar levels can affect out weight. If the levels of blood sugar are high, your body will have problems into breaking these compounds. So, the extra sugar in our body is simply stored in the form of fat.
If you include coconut butter in your diet, you will be able to reduce the glycemic index. In this way you will protect the sudden increase of blood sugar levels. In addition, it keeps your insulin resistance low and this sensitivity is linked to type 2 diabetes.
Tasty Ways to Enjoy in the Coconut Butter
One of the things that make coconut butter extraordinary is the fact that we can use it in many different foods. This butter has a specific, beautiful taste and it can easily blend in any snack, meal or beverage. So, if you use coconut butter in your daily diet, you will also consume a tasty meal while losing weight and providing nutrients to different body parts.
- Take one tablespoon of coconut butter from the glass jar and eat it. This is one way to do this.
- Take some coconut butter, melt it and use it on top of your winter squash or sweet potatoes.
- Put it in a smoothie. It will make your smoothie extremely refreshing.
- Put it in a curry dish.
- Melt it and then sprinkle it on berries or other similar fruits and serve it as a tasty dessert.
- Use it instead of regular butter on your toast. Make a combination with almond butter for even better results.
- Take a spoonful of coconut butter and add it to your cacao nibs. This mixture has amazing antioxidant properties.
- Mix it with chicken or shrimps and pour hot sauce too. In case you are following a vegan or vegetarian diet you can mix it with tofu.
- When you are baking, replace your regular dairy butter with coconut butter because it is much healthier. Don’t forget that baked goods made with coconut butter are dryer, so try to increase the content that can bring moisture.
Don’t forget that you can use this butter to create flavored coconut spreads. The following is a short list of recipes like this.