Bay leaf oil has countless benefits. It has great flavor and ability to improve blood circulation and fight infections. Best part of all, it’s very easy to make your own!
The most important thing when making bay leaf oil is patience. Once you combine all the ingredients, you must “forget them” and let marinate for 40 days.
Looking for an incredible natural essential oil that you can prepare at home?
Try Bay leaf oil!
It contains antibiotic, antiseptic and pain relief properties. This oil simply smells great and you can also use it as a beauty product. It is a natural remedy to relieve several common ailments.
Today, we are encouraging you to make your own essential bay leaf oil. That way, you will save money and you’ll have this multi-use, thousand-year-old treatment on hand any time you want.
For the Romans and Greeks this was the plant of victory. This remedy directly from the gods is now available to you.
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Bay Leaf Oil
As for us, we’ve already shown you how well bay leaf works to encourage stress relief, relaxation, and calming of the body and mind. You probably know by now that this plant is great for giving better flavor of food. After all, it adds a fantastic flavor to rice, meat and some sauces. But, maybe you don’t know its great therapeutic uses.
1. Bay leaf oil encourages muscular relaxation
This oil, above all, is a very powerful muscle relaxant. Its vasoconstriction action stimulates the relaxation and contraction of the nerve impulse. It can even regulate blood circulation.
- Because of this, bay leaf oil is useful for migraines and headaches.
- It’s especially relaxing for muscles massage when we have achy neck or shoulders.
2. It helps fight fevers
When you catch a cold or flu, make yourself a nice bay leaf oil vapor. You can also moist heating pad with this great natural remedy.
- First, bay leaf oil can help reduce infections related with colds.
- In addition, it can also help regulate body temperature that goes up and down. Finally, during those periods it boosts sweating.
3. It’s a good antibiotic infusion-laurel
You should learn here that bay leaf oil possesses great antibiotic properties. This helps inhibit the growth of various types of bacteria, microbes and fungi. You can clean small burns, wounds, blisters, or any kind of wound with this simple oil.
Plus, it doesn’t have any side effects. It is an excellent resource to have at home any time and to heal those small accidents that children tend to have.
4. This natural oil is perfect for our skin
Healthy skin is just a few bay leaves away! This amazing oil is abundant in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. All these nutrients are exceptionally important for skin nourishing and care.
We can’t forget its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory benefits. They can keep our skin soft, clean and free of the toxins.
5. It promotes hair growth
By reading its powerful benefits, you now imagine how great this oil could be for your hair:
- It is a natural remedy against dandruff.
- Since it improves blood circulation, it enhances the health of your scalp and stimulates growth.
- This oil can even help to get rid of lice.
How to make your own bay leaf oil?
What you need:
- 1 ½ tablespoons of bay leaves (15 g)
- 1 cup of sweet almond oil (around 200 g)
- 1 bigger jar or glass container (for at least 200 ml)
The amazing bay leaf oil is surprisingly easy to make. But, keep in mind that you need one very important ingredient that we didn’t list above: patience. Once you prepare it, you must wait 40 days for it to marinate.
- First, wash the container or jar well.
- Next, put in the bay leaves and make sure they are very clean without any spot of dust or bits of other plants.
- Once the bay leaves are in, pour in the sweet almond oil in.
- Finally, close it nicely with an air-tight top. Be patient and let marinate for 40 days.
If you’re patient, you will end up with a remarkable essential oil.