When you fell muscle pain, the first thing most people reach for is the ibuprofen. The painkillers that are non-prescribed are a big industry, and are commonly found in almost every household. However, they have lots of side effects. So why not go for a safer, non-toxic alternative, homemade painkiller?
It is known that the effect of Ibuprofen is short-term, like heartburn, indigestion, chest pain, shortness of breath, and vomiting. Over time, regular use can lead to addiction and permanent liver damage (1).
If you constantly have chronic pain, the effect of painkillers may decrease over time, which means that you have to take more and more just to get on with your day.
Homemade Painkiller Oil
Try this homemade painkiller recipe which is simple for treating muscle and joint pain and also mental fog and headaches!
Put it close to your bed to take it right after waking up to fight the pain.
- 20 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 tablespoons Himalayan salt
- 3-5 drops rosemary essential oil
You’ll have to:
- Take a glass jar and mix ingredients, seal it, and leave it for 2 days.
- To use, apply a small amount to affected area in the morning right after waking up. For headaches, apply directly to your temples.
- Massage the oil into your skin for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for up to 20 minutes.
- Use a clean damp towel to wipe away the remaining oil.
- Use it every day for 10 days to see lasting results.
How It Works
Rosemary contains 29 chemical substances that give it a variety of healing properties. For one, this herb is known because of its property to fight against pain induced by heat and as well as dysmenorrhea (2).
It’s also widely used to treat headaches, muscle pains, and arthritis (3). This herb improves moos, fights stress, and sharpens mental focus to help you go on with your day when suffering from chronic pain (4).
From keeping from evaporating of the essential oil, olive oil is used as a carrier. The olive oil ensures the effect of the rosemary oil when applied on the skin and it also at the same time diluting the oil and therefore prevents the irritation of the skin or a rash which can be caused if the essential oil is the hyper-concentrated (5).
Plus, olive oil has natural compounds that are anti-inflammatory and help soothe overworked muscles and injured joints (6).
Finally, important electrolytes can be found in salt which improve the signaling of the nerves and therefore are preventing the muscle pain (7).
If your pain is intense due to arthritis, try considering to switch to Epsom salt instead of the Himalayan salt, because it has a high content of magnesium which is pain-relieving.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health
212 1 1