Usually the skin’s dark coloration in the region under the arms is not a medical condition or a disease. The skin’s response as a result of the exposure to some elements is reflected as dark underarms. The response is similar to a suntan which is a result from exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Shaving and the hair removing creams which are regularly used are two of the causes of dark underarms as well as poor ventilation of underarms, too much sweating, dead skin’s accumulation, and use of antiperspirants and deodorants which are based on alcohol.
How to get rid of dark underarms? Dark underarms can be easily be removed by using home remedies that are natural, simple, effective, safe, and affordable.
However, sometimes Acanthosis nigricans (a medical condition) can be the cause of dark underarms. It is known as which is often associated with obesity, insulin resistance, certain medications, hormonal disorders and cancer.
A doctor must be consulted if this condition caused you the dark underarms I order to be properly diagnosed and treated.
Here are the top 10 tips for how to get rid of dark underarms
Potatoes have moderate acidic characteristic which has natural great bleaching power. Unlike strong bleaching agents, it will not cause skin irritation.
- Simply rub a thin slice of potato on your underarms.
- Also you can apply the juice of grated potato to the area, leave it to dry and after 15 to 20 minutes wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use either of these remedies twice daily for better and faster results.
Cucumbers as well as potatoes, bleaching natural power which can be used for skin lightening.
- Simply rub the skin under your underarms with a thin cucumber slice or apply the grated cucumber juice under your arms. Do this once or twice daily until you are satisfied with the results.
- Another way is to mix cucumber juice and little bit of lemon juice together with a little amount of turmeric powder. Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Repeat this home remedy once daily or every other day for best results.
Lemon works as an effective antiseptic and antibacterial agent as well as a bleach which is natural. Because of this the treatment of dark underarms and also various skin-related problems is based on lemon. Lemon can dry out your skin, so apply a moisturizer after using these remedies if needed.
- To lighten the underarms and to make a pilling of the dead skin cells, rub the skin with a lemon wedge for a few minutes. Leave the juice on your skin and wash it after 10 minutes. Sprinkle a little amount of sugar above the lemon wedge to achieve greater exfoliation. Do this a few times a week.
- Another way is to mix a little turmeric powder, plain yogurt or honey in little bit of lemon juice and apply it to your underarms. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat three or four times a week.
- Baking Soda
An exfoliating scrub for how to get rid of dark underarms can be made of baking soda. The main reason for dark underarms are dead skin cells which will be removed by the scrub. It will also help unclog skin pores.
- Mix water and baking soda to make a paste with thick consistency.
- Scrub the underarms with it.
- Wash the area and dry it with a pat thoroughly.
- Repeat the procedure a few times during a week.
To neutralize the body scent you can also apply equal portions of cornstarch and baking soda.
- Orange Peel
Another way for how to get rid of dark underarms is to use orange peels, thanks to their skin exfoliating and lightening properties.
- Put some orange peels in the sun for a few days until they dry out completely.
- Grind the dried peels into powder form.
- Mix orange peels in powder (two teaspoons) with rose water and milk in order to make a paste.
- Gently scrub your underarms with the paste and let it do its effect for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash the area with cold water.
- Repeat the process two or three times a week.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also a good alternative for how to get rid of dark underarms. Vitamin E which is helpful for skin lightening is one of the compounds of coconut oil. At the same time, it will also work as an effective natural deodorant.
- Massage the dark underarms with coconut oil.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Repeat two or three times daily until you get the results you want.
The darkening under the arms can be minimized by the fatty acids and the vitamins from the milk. The skin will be much lighter and softer if you use milk.
- Mix full fat milk (two tablespoons), flour (one tablespoon) and pain yogurt (one teaspoon) to make a thick paste. Put it on under your arms. Wash it after 15 minutes with cold water. Repeat a few times a week on a regular basis.
- Another way is to put saffron (a couple of strands) in milk (two teaspoons) and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. You can also add a little honey. Apply the mixture on your underarms and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Than wash it off. Follow this remedy daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Vinegar can also be helpful when you don’t know how to get rid of your dark underarms. Besides lightening you skin this remedy will also destroy the bacteria and germs that cause the underarm scent as a result on their feeding of cells of the dead skin.
- Mix vinegar and rice flour to form a paste.
- Apply the paste under your arms after showering with hot water.
- Leave the paste for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat a few times a week.
Sandalwood is also useful element for how to rid of dark underarms due to its skin-lightening features. Softening and cooling effects on the skin will be achieved by making a paste with rose water. The pleasant odor of sandalwood will also remove the body scent caused by too much sweating.
- Mix sandalwood powder (two tablespoons) and rose water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your underarms.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes or until it dries, and then wash it off with cold water.
- With its daily application the darkened skin will be lightened in few days.
- Gram Flour
Other ingredient that is great for how to get rid of dark underarms is gram flour. It is known as besan. You can use it to make a homemade whitening pack.
- Mix together gram flour (two tablespoons), plain yogurt (one tablespoon) and lemon juice (one tablespoon) with a small amount of turmeric powder to make a paste with thick consistency.
- Apply this paste on your underarms.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow this remedy daily for two weeks. Then repeat three times a week until you get the desired results.
Apply some of this remedies in order to get rid of dark underarms and have lighter, softer and smoother skin.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health