How to treat eczema naturally? Eczema is widespread in America, 10% to 20% infants and 3% of children and adults suffer from it. Eczema is related to a group of medical cases that irritates or inflames the skin. The eczema, which is the most common, is known as Atopic Dermatitis or Atopic Eczema.
The one that suffers from this disease often gets red rashes. They can be spread in some parts like face, hands and wrists, back of the knees or over all the body. Also the person gets inflamed and itchy. Eczema-affected skin causes an intensive sense of itching. There are times when the itching becomes very awful that get a feeling to rub your skin off.
There are various creams and lotions available in the market to treat this extremely itchy skin condition. But the side effect of these OTC creams and drugs cannot be excluded. Therefore we recommend ingredient that is known as apple cider vinegar that is used for skin itchy disorder because it makes wonders.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Really Work to Treat Eczema
We will learn here to prepare various apple cider vinegar remedies to treat eczema. But before that we should know about the eczema-fighting properties of apple cider vinegar, which will make the remedies more convincing.
- Anti-fungal Characteristics: The antifungal and antibacterial characteristics of apple cider vinegar destroy the bacteria that caused the eczema. So its use stops the further growth of the eczema-causing bacteria.
- Promotes the Renewal of the Cell: Apple cider vinegar includes beta-carotene, which promotes the renewal of the cell. So by using it you keep your affected skin in good condition.
- Abundant with Potassium: Apple cider vinegar also is abundant with potassium that helps different allergic conditions to be treated. Apart from that potassium helps in astringency and in maintenance of skin balance of pH that is why it successfully treats eczema.
- Contains Fiber: Apart from vitamins and minerals, apple cider vinegar also contains a lot of fiber, which are helpful for the body to flush out the toxins that may cause eczema.
- Strengthens the Immune System: A weak immune system is also known as a major cause of eczema. Apple cider vinegar consists of acetic acid, lots of mineral salts, Vitamin B1, pectin, riboflavin, minerals, which build up the immune system, thus its usage successfully cures and prevents eczema.
- Treats Itching Sensation: The utilization of apple cider vinegar on the skin treats dry skin, eczema’s main cause. It reliefs the itching related to eczema.
How to Treat Eczema with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar itself or used together with other ingredients makes the homemade remedies used for eczema. Let’s make a list of homemade remedies for how to treat eczema.
1. ACV Diluted in Water
The utilization of apple cider vinegar on the skin affected by eczema gives a sense of relief to the person that suffers from it. Also, its antifungal and antibacterial characteristics work directly on the affected to and the condition is soon treated.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Water – 2 tbsp.
- Cotton Balls – 2 to 3
- Take apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and put the water in it, and mix well.
- Soak a cotton ball in it and apply it on the affected area.
- Repeating this remedy will give the wanted results against the skin eczema.
Note: For the sensitive skin take 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in ½ cup of water.
2. How to treat Eczema with Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
This ACV bath is helpful if you have eczema in all over your body.
- Warm Water – a bathtub
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ½ cup
- A Moisturizer
- Take the apple cider vinegar and mix it with the warm water in the bathtub.
- Bathe in this water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer if your skin feels very day.
- Follow this remedy every day until you accomplish the wanted results against this disease.
Note: You can also add sunflower oil to the bath water to treat the day patches that are developed on the skin.
3. Taking ACV Orally
You can treat eczema internally if you follow the remedy of taking apple cider vinegar orally. Apple cider vinegar internally taken strengthens the power of the immune system, thus the re-occurrence of eczema is prevented.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 to 2 tbsp.
- Water – 1 cup
- Take the water and add the apple cider vinegar to it.
- Mix it well and drink it.
- Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a day to cure eczema by making your immune system strong.
Note: The people who are suffering from peptic ulcers, heart burn or indigestion problem, should not orally take apple cider vinegar because the situation may become worse from the acid.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
This remedy also works well to cure eczema effectively. Baking soda, when mixed with apple cider vinegar raises its pH level up to 7 to 7.5, and this pH level prevents the bacteria growth that causes eczema.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp.
- Water – ½ cup
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Add apple cider vinegar and baking soda in to a ½ cup of water.
- Drink after mixing it.
- You can take this drink daily till you get rid of eczema completely.
- You can also add 1 tsp honey to it to enhance its taste.
5. How to treat Eczema with Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
People used honey to treat many skin disease for decades. In the case of eczema, it also offers an effective cure. The antibacterial characteristics of honey destroy the bacteria that are related to eczema. In addition to that its use also prevents infection. Honey has properties of healing wounds, so the usage of honey on the skin affected with eczema reduces the irritation and inflammation. So the combination of honey and apple cider vinegar gives an effective remedy for eczema.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 tsp.
- Water – 1 glass
- Take 1 glass of water and add the apple cider vinegar and the honey to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and drink it.
- Take this remedy three times a day with meals till you get rid of eczema completely.
- Always use raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar for preparing the remedies for eczema as it has the mother in it, which will be more effective to treat eczema.
- Ensure to use diluted apple cider vinegar for eczema whether you take it orally or you apply it on the skin. Because apple cider vinegar is very strong, it may create a burning sensation on the skin as well as internally if you take it orally.
- Some people are allergic to apple cider vinegar. Therefore make a patch test before you apply on eczema the ACV remedies. First, take a small amount of ACV liquid and apply it to your skin. Wait for few minutes and if it does not harm your skin, then you can apply it to the eczema.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should not orally take apple cider vinegar because it may negatively affect the unborn child.
- If you are diabetic and on the medication, then do not consume apple cider vinegar orally.
- Avoid eating foods, such as peanuts, milk, soy, wheat, fish, and eggs that cause eczema or worsen the situation.
- Also keep your skin moisturized as dry skin is one of the major causes of eczema.
- Avoid scratching the eczema-affected skin to prevent the skin from more infection and damage.
- As sweating can irritate the skin, take measures to stop sweating. Avoid doing strenuous exercises.
- Do not wear tight clothes to prevent the irritation from the cloth on the eczema-affected skin.
- Avoid using perfumes and harsh soaps to avoid irritation and further damage to the skin.
- Avoid taking stress as it is considered as one of the causes of eczema.
- Do some lifestyle changes to prevent eczema. Eat a balanced diet and involve yourself in light physical activity. Have a good amount of sleep to keep yourself fit and healthy.
If your eczema and its symptoms do not subside after using all these apple cider home remedies for eczema, then consult a dermatologist.
Now you know how to treat eczema with apple cider vinegar. So if you are suffering from eczema and have a bottle of apple cider vinegar at your home, then you should not have to go for the chemical-laden OTC creams and drugs. Get all the benefit from these apple cider vinegar home remedies for how to treat eczema.
Image Via: MyHealthArchive
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health