Do you often suffer from a headache which is throbbing and you grab some product that is over the counter to ease the pain? Truth be told, these medications can be dangerous and often have no effect. If you often have headaches that are very tense or you suffer from strange migraine, you should try to help yourself with something for instant headache relief that is all natural?
There are lots of benefits of the choice to use a remedy that is natural to relief the pain. The balm which is very easy to make is an excellent way for relaxing and reducing the pain without worrying that you will ingest chemical substances that can have dangerous side-effects.
Beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil are the base of the instant headache relief balm. It can be used topically to the back of your neck or to the temples. Here is breakdown of the healing essential oils contained in this recipe.
Peppermint: The use of the oil of peppermint in medicinal causes had been started by the Egyptians. Oil’s vials have been discovered in pyramids. Known as a natural pain killer and muscle relaxant, peppermint is an aromatic oil that helps to reduce inflammation and even headaches caused by tension or spasms.
Lavender: Just a slight whiff of lavender is all that is needed to promote relaxation. Since many headaches are the result of tension and stress, lavender oil is a very helpful addition to this balm. According to a 2012 study published in European Neurology, lavender essential oil is a safe and natural way to manage migraine headaches.
Tea Tree Oil: Often referred to as Melaleuca, tea tree oil is jam-packed with therapeutic properties. Most commonly used to treat scrapes, burns, and abrasions, tea tree has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and swelling associated with all types of headaches.
Eucalyptus: This oil is well known for its ability to reduce congestion and pain. Adding a bit to your balm will help reduce pain and swelling due to sinus congestion. It also works in tandem with lavender and peppermint to reduce stress and tension.
Instant Headache Relief Balm Recipe
- 3 tbsp. shea butter
- 3 tbsp. beeswax
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- small containers with a lid (such as these)
- Get the containers ready and set aside.
- Measure the shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil.
- Put the oils in a microwavable glass bowl. Heat for just 45 seconds to 1 minute until completely melted.
- Allow the mix to cool for a few minutes. When the bowl is no longer hot to the touch, add the essential oils.
Pour the mix into your containers and let cool. You can also place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden the mix.
If you want to use the instant headache relief balm just take a small amount of it and rub it on the forehead, into the temples or the back of the neck for soothing the headache instantly.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health