Do you suffer from swelling in your knees? The anti-inflammatory properties of these natural remedies can be a huge help both internally and externally to reduce knee swelling.
Inflammation and swelling in knees is a condition that can come from joint or bone diseases. These can include injuries and premature wearing out.
Sometimes, when the knee is inflamed and increases in temperature, it causes a condition known as a joint effusion. The main characteristic is the accumulation of synovial joint fluid.
This fluid is present in the majority of your joints. Even though it’s necessary for their lubrication, too much of this fluid makes your joints take up more space and increase inflammation.
This situation can become rather painful. This is especially true when you don’t take the necessary steps to fight it quickly and effectively.
Fortunately, some compounds have anti-inflammatory properties. Thanks to this, we can make some natural anti-inflammatory remedies to speed up recuperation.
5 Amazing Home Remedies to Reduce Knee Swelling
In this article, we want to share the five best home remedies to reduce knee swelling. This way you won’t hesitate to try them at home when you have this problem.
1. Ginger and turmeric tea
The combination of turmeric with ginger gives us a powerful anti-inflammatory and diuretic. After being ingested, this calms the pain caused by the accumulation of liquids in your knees.
Their compounds diminish the production of enzymes that cause inflammation. And, at the same time, their compounds control the wearing of your joint.
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Heat up the water. When it starts to boil, add the ginger and turmeric powder.
- Reduce the heat and let it steep for two more minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a strainer. Sweeten it with honey and split it up into two or three servings to be taken through the day.
2. Avocado seed and aloe vera treatment
This treatment with avocado seeds and aloe vera is a topical product. It has calming and anti-inflammatory properties. After being applied, these increase the circulation and helps to reduce knee swelling.
- 1 avocado seed
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Dry the avocado seed and crush it until you get a powder.
- Once you get this, mix it with the aloe vera gel and the honey.
- After getting a smooth mixture, rub this on your knees with a gentle massage.
- Let it absorb for a half an hour then rinse it off.
Use it up to three times per week.
3. Olive oil and garlic treatment
Olive oil and garlic are great allies when fighting inflammation caused by joint fluid retention.
Its active compounds slow your body’s inflammatory response. At the same time, they stimulate your circulation to relieve the affected knee. The best thing of all is you can get its effects both by eating it and by applying it externally.
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Cut the garlic cloves into thin slices and put them in a glass jar.
- Add the olive oil. Be sure to completely cover the garlic.
- Leave it to marinate for a week. After this time, eat a tablespoon for breakfast every morning.
- Optionally, take a small amount of this and heat it up in the microwave. Then apply it on your knees.
Use this treatment up to three times per week.
4. Dandelion tea
The diuretic properties of dandelions are good for treating this knee problem. This includes the pain and swelling that comes with it.
Dandelion’s hydrating and analgesic compounds help to relieve joint stiffness. At the same time, they encourage the disposal of fluid retention.
- 1 tablespoon of dandelion
- 1 cup of water
- Add the dandelion to boiling water and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- After this time, strain it in a colander and drink it.
- Repeat this up to three times per day.
5. Sage compress
This is a calming and anti-inflammatory remedy for relieving knee pain in a short amount of time. It consists of preparing compresses with sage tea.
This plant helps to stimulate circulation in the affected area. It also encourages the reduction of liquid retention.
- 3 tablespoons of sage
- 1 cup of water
- Add the sage to boiling water. Once you have a tea, soak a clean bandage in the liquid.
- Apply the compress directly on the affected knee. Let it work for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the application each night before bed.
Do you have inflamed knees? Choose any of the remedies we’ve shown you to reduce knee swelling. Fight your symptoms with the help of natural Ingredients.
However, if you don’t get relief quickly, talk to your doctor.