Allergic asthma is closely related to the immune system. Its role is to protect the body from germs such as bacteria and viruses. In case of allergies, the immune system will also protect the body from harmful substances such as animal hairs or dust. In fact, 60% of all the asthma cases have an allergic cause.
We have here some effective home remedies for allergic asthma that you can try. But first, let’s look more into the symptoms and triggering factors of asthma reactions caused by allergies.
Symptoms of Allergic Asthma
The symptoms of allergic asthma are pretty similar to those of asthma in general. The common symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath (feeling of “breathlessness”)
- Rapid breathing
- Chest tightness
The most common allergens that aggravate allergic asthma are:
- Hair or feathers of animals
- Heavily polluted air
Some people can have allergic reactions and after touching or ingesting allergenic substances. This kind of exposure rarely triggers the usual symptoms of allergic asthma, but can cause an anaphylactic shock. And this is a life-threatening situation that requires emergency medical help.
There are certain substances that can trigger an allergic asthma attack, even if it is not an allergic reaction per se. These substances include cigarette smoke, air pollution, cold and strong scented substances.
Your doctor may recommend certain tests that can determine which are the allergens that cause the reaction. The home remedies for allergic asthma below have proved to work for a great number of people. However, we advise you consult a naturist doctor first.
3 Home Remedies for Allergic Asthma
1. Quail Eggs Remedy for Allergic Asthma
This remedy for asthma has helped patients reduce their medication for allergies and eventually give them up completely. What you have to do is to complete a 240 quail eggs cure. Have 5 raw eggs every morning on an empty stomach; continue this for 48 days, until you have consumed a total of 240 quail eggs. Pause and resume after some time, if needed. Also, it is very important that you don’t eat anything, 2 hours after taking the 5 eggs. Alcohol consumption is not recommended during the cure.
2. Home Remedy for Allergic Asthma with Carob
A very simple way to control the symptoms of allergic asthma is this home remedy with carob. Add 3 tsp. of carob syrup in a cup of water, mix and drink whenever the allergic reaction manifests. Even better, have a carob “coffee” by adding 1 tsp. carob powder in 100 ml of hot water. That’s it!
3. Swimming, a Sure Cure for Allergies
Some patients suffering from allergic asthma have managed to treat the condition for good. The recommended swimming “dosage” would be 2 hours, twice a week. In a couple of months, you will see the coughing and other allergic reactions are gone for good. According to some patients, when they have stopped going to the pool, the allergic symptoms returned, but once they resumed regular swimming, the reactions were again gone.
How to Improve Your Allergic Asthma Symptoms
- In springtime, when the amount of pollen in the air is high, stay indoors as much as possible. Avoid opening the windows during the day, and filter the air using the air conditioner.
- Remove dust mites by shaking and airing the pillows as well as the bed mattress. Use anti-allergic bed sheets and pillows. In addition, wash the bedding once a week with hot water.
- Avoid items that can store a large amount of dust: curtains and carpets.
- If the problem is mold, purchase a dehumidifier to fix the excess humidity problem. In addition, repair any water pipe leaks, if any. When cleaning the mold, use a special mold cleaner without rubbing, because rubbing spread mold spores.
- If you are allergic to animal hairs, keep your pets away from the bedroom.
- Make sure your bathroom and kitchen areas are clean at all times, to avoid mold and cockroaches.