Warts are small protuberances that appear on your skin. They are caused by the human papillomavirus infection (HPV), which is actually a virus with a huge number of different sub-types.
The presence of the HPV virus in the body stimulates the abnormal growth of cells. Little by little, results in the appearance of benign and painless features like warts, which are highly contagious.
Even though the warts themselves do not have any direct negative effects for your health, they are a sign that your immune system is not strong enough to fight off the virus.
Luckily for us, there are a number of 100% natural remedies that, thanks to their naturally-occurring properties, control the spread of the micro-organisms associated with warts, whilst also getting rid of blemishes and imperfections that tarnish your skin!
6 Homemade Remedies to Treat Warts Naturally
In this blog, we want to share details of the best remedies to treat warts naturally, so you’ll know exactly what to do as soon as you notice this problem.
1. Castor Oil and Baking Soda
Combining castor oil with baking soda leaves us with a mixture that has strong anti-microbial and anti-viral properties. That’s why it’s so great at helping treat warts naturally.
Applied directly, the mixture helps control the infection, and prevents it from spreading to other parts of the body.
And while it won’t get rid of that unsightly bump straight away, it’s a great tool for accelerating the recovery of your skin.
- 1 tbsp. of baking soda (10 g)
- 2 tbsp. of castor oil (30 g)
- First, combine the baking soda and the castor oil.
- Then, apply the mixture to affected parts using a gentle, massaging motion.
- Leave the mixture on your skin for 30 minutes to work its magic.
- Repeat 3 times a day on a daily basis, until your skin is healed.
2. Onion and Lemon Juice
The natural acids contained in the onion, as well as its sulfurous compounds, regulate your skin’s pH levels to help promote its recovery when warts appear.
These great natural properties combine with the Vitamin C provided by the lemon, which enhances its anti-viral and antibacterial qualities for even better results!
- 3 tbsp. onion juice (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (10 ml)
- First, combine the natural onion juice with freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
- Then, rub the mixture on the wart using a ball or pad of cotton wool.
- If you like, you can fix the juice-soaked cotton over the affected area using a bandage overnight to give it more time to work.
- If not, try to apply this treatment three times a day instead to treat warts naturally.
3. Aloe Vera and Honey
Among the many benefits that aloe vera gel can offer your skin are its fantastic wart-busting properties.
It has an anti-viral, moisturizing and anti-inflammatory effect that helps eliminate these pesky protuberances and improves the appearance of the skin in general.
- Add both ingredients to a suitable container, and mix until you get a thick cream.
- Dip a cotton wool ball or pad into the mixture, and apply to the affected area.
- Then, just let it dry – repeat this three times a day.
4. Aspirin and Lemon
This paste, made from aspirin and lemon, has some great properties that fight against the unsightly warts that can appear in any part of the body.
Both ingredients contained in this simple remedy help to treat warts naturally, and have a strong antimicrobial and anti-viral effect.
- 2 aspirin tablets
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice (20 ml)
- Crush the aspirin tablets until you get a fine powder, and then combine with the lemon juice.
- After mixing to form a paste, rub into the affected area.
- Leave the mixture on for 30 minutes, and then rinse off.
- Use this remedy once a day until the problem is eliminated.
5. Vitamin E Oil
The antioxidant, skin-healing effect of Vitamin E oil makes it the perfect balm to soothe and treat warts caused by this particular infection.
These powerful ingredients easily penetrate the skin, and acts to soften the wart and speed it on its way to Nowheresville!
- 1 tbsp. of Vitamin E oil (15 g)
- ½ tsp. of lemon juice (2 ml)
- Submerge a piece of cotton wool in Vitamin E oil, and then apply it liberally over the wart.
- Optionally, you can add a hint of lemon juice to achieve even better results.
- Stick the cotton wool to the affected area using an adhesive bandage, to let the Vitamin E oil work its magic while you sleep.
- Repeat this process every night until the problem disappears.
6. Licorice Root
Licorice root has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect that helps to reduce the size of warts, so they don’t interfere with the natural beauty of your skin.
- 1 tbsp. of grated licorice root (10 g)
- 1 tsp. of olive oil (5 g)
- Combine the two ingredients and rub the mixture over the affected area for a couple of minutes.
- Then, leave the mixture on your skin to act for 30 minutes – then rinse off.
- Use this remedy twice a day on a daily basis for the best results.
Bear in mind that these remedies may take a little while to start having a visible effect – to achieve the best results, they should be combined with patience!
And don’t forget to follow the specific recommendations for each individual remedy, and combine whichever one you choose with a healthy diet to help boost your immune system.