What is “super food”? First as a super foods were marked spinach then blueberries, broccoli and so on. Using the modern technology, scientist recently discovered that a lot of the cheap food that we consume daily can replace many of the expensive pills. This food also acts defensively against many serious diseases. These foods are called “superfoods”. Kale belongs to the category of vegetables called super food.
This green leafy vegetable can be consumed during the whole year. There are many ways how it can be consumed: mixed with fruits in a juicer and consumed as a juice. You can eat it as a salad or as ingredient in a pottage and also you can add it to other dishes as healthy side dish.
Kale is low-caloric and extremely nutritious vegetable. This green leafy vegetable provides many health benefits to our body because it is rich in minerals and vitamins, including vitamin A, C and B6. It contains very important minerals like potassium, copper, iron, manganese, carotenoids and chlorophyll.
Kale contains 30% more calcium then milk from animal origin. Kale also contains lutein and zeaxanthin that can help in protection of the eyes.
The American Center for Drug Control and the Center for Control and Prevention of Diseases, recommend that women should take daily 400 micro-grams of vitamin B soluble in water. Pregnant women must be especially cautious of this intake, because the lack of it can cause serious neurological consequences in children.
Why Kale is one of the world most impressive superfoods?
- Kale is excellent for the skin, because contains large amounts of vitamin C. Successfully increases its elasticity tone and youthful appearance.
- Kale fights infection and helps in lowering blood cholesterol.
- Helps in the fight against ovarian, breast, colon and abdominal cancer.
- Contains large amounts of fiber that regulates the digestion, prevents constipation and helps to prevent overeating.
- Kale helps with high blood pressure.
- It is rich with antioxidants that help in boosting the immunity, maintaining healthy teeth and bones, protects the reproductive organs and it is useful for detoxification of the body.
Kale is an exceptional source of iron and vitamin B that is soluble in water. That is why is recommended for people with thin blood symptoms. Doctors recommend kale to be consumed mostly fresh as a salad with the addition of garlic or as a fresh juice, in this way it would not lose the healing properties.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.