We’ve talked about the many health benefits of oatmeal on several occasions, but today we’d like to tell you what happens when you have oatmeal for breakfast.
Many people tend to eat oatmeal for dinner, convinced that a lighter meal can help them control their weight.
Nutritionists recommend having a well-balanced dinner, with a fair caloric load according to the amount of activity you intend to do the rest of the night.
Thus, having oatmeal for dinner is great when you do it occasionally, just don’t turn it into a daily habit. This is because you need other kinds of nutrients for dinner.
In short, oatmeal can be your best ally at the beginning of your day, not at the end.
Benefits of Having Oatmeal for Breakfast
Are you ready to find out why? Continue reading then!
1. Great Source of Energy
Oatmeal is one of the best cereals out there, a basic meal that provides a lot of energy to the body.
Thus, you must include a bowl for your breakfast if you usually spend many hours away from home or if your job requires a lot of mental or physical effort.
In addition to being rich in vitamin B, oats are also a good source of calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, sodium, fiber, etc. As you can see, it’s quite a treasure to start the day with.
2. Having oatmeal for breakfast has a cleansing effect
Starting the day with food that allows you to purify the body is, without a doubt, a healthy and smart option.
It’ll help you detox your intestines and arteries of any excess fat that could lead to arteriosclerosis. In addition, oatmeal helps control hypertension and cholesterol.
Studies from the Laboratory of Vascular Biology at Tuft University, in Boston, reveal that oatmeal is a powerful antioxidant that helps control cardiovascular diseases.
So why not replace any morning supplements you might be taking with a cup of oatmeal!
3. Controls Blood Sugar Levels
The Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden carried out a study with 39 people and it revealed that a person’s glucose levels drop after they eat oatmeal.
As you can see, oatmeal can help you balance this element that would eventually lead to diabetes as it can purify any excess sugar.
4. Keeps the brain active
Are you still studying? Do you have a high-pressure job? Would you like to improve your memory or your concentration during the first hours of your day?
It’s easy to do, just have oatmeal for breakfast every day!
Here are the reasons why it can help you maintain a healthy and active brain:
- It’s rich in silica, a mineral that’s essential for the brain, as it strengthens the nerve cells.
- The carbohydrates present in oats help obtain the daily energy your brain needs. In fact, did you know the brain requires about 20% of your total energy?
- Furthermore, it’s rich in vitamin B1, the same vitamin that strengthens the blood circulation of your brain.
- Finally, oatmeal is rich in phosphorus, a mineral essential for child development (they should have a cup of this cereal every day).
As you can see, you can help your brain become stronger and obtain all of the energy it needs to function properly. You can also promote the formation of your central nervous system just by having this cereal for breakfast.
5. Helps you maintain your weight
Are you trying to lose weight without feeling hungry? If so, start your morning with an oatmeal shake. You’ll really enjoy its flavor and it’ll become the best ally to your figure.
These are the reasons why having oatmeal for breakfast will help you lose weight:
- It’s low in calories and rich in minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that are great for your liver.
- Also, it’s rich in fiber, so say goodbye to constipation.
- In addition, it’s also a diuretic so you’ll be regular and won’t have to worry about the accumulation of toxins or fluid retention.
- Finally, by limiting the level of glucose in the blood, it’ll keep the harmful fats that lead to weight gain away from your body.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article.