Lots of people suffer from insomnia. This sleeping disorder is really frequent. Difficulties sleeping, waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to fall asleep again, all of this can be very stressful and can have numerous negative effects on our overall health. People who face these problems have tried a number of methods and different techniques which often have unsatisfactory results, but luckily for you we have a solution for all your troubles. If you’re suffering from insomnia this 4-7-8 Breathing Technique will change your life.
Dr. Andrew Weil has found a rebellious method for falling asleep in just 60 seconds by training your brain. Yoga and the effective practices for breathing, which are offered by this discipline, inspired him. He created an exercise for breathing named “The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique”. This technique will help you in just few second to fall asleep.
It’s very simple and easy and is guaranteed to give you results and make you fall asleep in less than a minute. What’s best you don’t need any equipment, just follow his directions and your sleeping problems will become a thing from the past.
The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique
- Start exhaling entirely through the mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and take a breath quietly through your nose, counting to 4.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Start exhaling entirely through the mouth, making a whoosh sound, counting to 8.
- This is one breath. Now take a breath again.
- Repeat the same procedure until you get a whole of four breaths.
The advice from Dr. Weil is that the most crucial thing is to be focused and properly breathe. That is deeply inhale and exhale. This will have a positive effect on your brain, it will relax your mind and lower the heart rate.
Maybe you think it sounds too good to be true but give it a try and you’ll see how effective it is. You’ll be amazed by the results. Don’t forget to share it with your loved ones and help them sleep better as well!
You can watch Dr. Weil demonstration of the 4-7-8 Breathing Technique here.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health