Are you bothered by the wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin that starts to appear on your face? All of these skin conditions happen as a result of reduced oil production in your skin.
However, you can make your skin look younger and healthier without spending lots of money on expensive anti-aging products.
You can do that by restoring the elasticity of your skin and keeping it properly hydrated with the help of carefully selected anti-aging oils. What they will do is replace the oils your skin has lost throughout the years.
These anti-aging oils will make your skin full of life and free of wrinkles. Their antioxidant content will fix the damage caused by free radicals from environmental pollutants and UV rays….
10 Anti-Aging Oils for Younger Looking Skin
1. Argan Oil
This oil consists of 80% fatty acids which help fix and prevent free radical damage. Being a great source of vitamin A and E, the Argan oil helps reduce age spots, wrinkles, sagging skin, and fine lines.
Moreover, it hydrates the skin and keeps it moisturized, thus improving its elasticity. It even provides protection against oxidative damage from UV rays.
The Clinical Interventions in Aging published a 2015 study which proved that applying argan oil topically every day provides anti-aging effects. The participants in the study noticed significant improvement in their skin elasticity.
This oil is suitable for all skin types as it’s quickly absorbed by the skin without leaving any oily residue. So, you can use it even if you have sensitive or oily skin.
- Massage your skin with few drops of the oil, after cleansing it well. Do this every night before bedtime.
- In addition, you can add one tablespoon of culinary argan oil to your sweet or savory dishes on a daily basis.
2. Olive Oil
This one is packed with vitamin A and E, essential fatty acids and minerals which will help your skin fight against free radicals. When applied topically, olive oil stimulates the collagen production. This makes your skin smooth and glowing.
Moreover, you can add one to two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to your diet to help prevent age-related diseases like osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, peptic ulcer, etc.
According to one study published in 2012 in PLoS One, olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids which prevent premature aging of the skin due to prolonged UV or sun exposure.
They do this by reducing the oxidative stress, insulin resistance and similar inflammatory conditions.
- Apply lukewarm olive oil on your skin before taking a bath. Massage for five to ten minutes every day. The oil will improve the blood flow and help your skin retain moisture, thus preventing the appearance of aging signs
3. Coconut Oil
Its ability to increase the production of collagen as well as replace it, makes coconut oil a great essential oil for preventing the appearance of age spots and wrinkles.
Coconut oil provides amazing antioxidant properties which nourish the damaged skin and help fight free radicals. The lauric acid it contains shows antibacterial effects which help treat acne breakouts.
Moreover, you can use it to treat psoriasis, eczema, and dry skin. The journal Dermatitis published a 2004 study which proves coconut oil is as effective moisturizer as mineral oil.
What’s more, this oil can be used as a natural sunscreen to protect your skin against one of the major factors for premature skin aging – sun damage.
- Apply coconut oil on your entire body after taking your regular bath or shower.
- Mix it with some granulated sugar to make a mild body scrub. Use it to exfoliate your skin once per week.
- As an alternative, you can add two tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil to your daily diet. This will not only prevent age-related diseases, but will also keep you healthy.
4. Almond Oil
Another oil that can reduce wrinkles and prevent premature aging. Almond oil contains vitamin E and K which encourage skin regeneration, promote blood circulation and improves skin elasticity.
The Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice published a 2010 study which proved almond oil can soften and rejuvenate the skin, thus improving the skin tone and complexion.
Also, this oil is great for anyone who spends a lot of time out in the sun. This is because it acts as a natural UV blocker.
In 2007, the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology published a study which shows that the oil can prevent and reverse damage caused by UV irradiation.
- After your daily shower, massage your body with sweet almond oil to delay the appearance of aging signs. This oil is safe for those with sensitive skin as it’s mild and hypoallergenic.
- Furthermore, you can use almond oil to remove your dark circles and eye wrinkles. Just apply few warm drops under your bottom eyelids right before bedtime.
- Alternatively, you can add it to your diet by mixing few tablespoons of it in a cup of warm milk. Make this sweet beverage every day. Also, you can drizzle it on salads or add it to different smoothies.
5. Jojoba Oil
This oil is one of the best essential oils for treating and preventing the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and fine lines.
It offers great hydrating properties which keep the skin moisturized. Moreover, the high levels of vitamin C and E it contains increase the cell regeneration, thus making your skin full and firm.
Jojoba oil prevents the appearance of scaly or rough patches as well as skin irritation. It’s suitable for all types of skin, even for sensitive skin and that prone to acne, thanks to its non-greasy texture.
What’s more, this oil can even speed up the process of wound healing.
- Massage your skin with a mixture of jojoba oil and almond oil (or any other plan-based massage oil) in equal amounts. Do this every day after taking a shower.
- Also, you can add few drops of this oil to your favorite anti-aging mask.
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.