People have always had a great benefits of the coconut oil. It’s used in the kitchen, medical kits etc. There are many different coconut oil uses and even though at times it may seem that they won’t work, you may be surprised from the end result.
When you read these 101 uses of coconut oil, you won’t have doubts to start using coconut oil. When using coconut oil internally the best choice is organic extra virgin coconut oil.
Coconut oil uses in the kitchen
- Ideal for cooking at high heat, also for baking.
- As a butter substitute.
- Instead of adding sugar or honey in your coffee or tea, add coconut oil.
- Eat 1Tbsp daily for energy boost.
- As an ingredient in homemade mayonnaise.
- In salads as dressing.
- When cooking, it is a great alternative for vegetable oils.
- Excellent addition to smoothies.
- As popcorn topping to replace the butter.
- In homemade soups.
- Can help in healing fungus and helps to fight athlete’s foot.
- Can minimize acne or similar face inflammation.
- Against ear infections.
- If you mix it with salt, you can use it as a scrub for dry skin on feet.
- Improves thyroid function.
- Excellent booster for your metabolism.
- It keeps superficial cuts clean.
- Helps to heal bug bites.
- Helps with treating yeast infections.
- It will improve your cholesterol values and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Increases appetite and metabolism.
- Removes cold sores.
- It can be used as massage oil, which calms down the sore muscles.
- Softens dry elbows.
- Alleviates eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- If it’s consumed regularly it speeds up the process of weight loss.
- Reduces ulcer infection.
- It’s a natural tooth whitener.
- Alleviates discomfort and pain of hemorrhoids and heals them.
- Some researches that have been made with coconut oil, it was discovered that has a big role in preventing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- To relieve and prevent forming ingrown nails.
- Another research indicates that can help in case of stress and anxiety.
- For removing moles and warts it is used unrefined pure coconut oil.
- When you have toothache, mix coconut oil with few drops of clove oil. It will stop your pain fast.
- Coconut oil improves bone health, because it absorbs well calcium and magnesium. These minerals are really important for your teeth and bones.
- Treats stomach pains, ulcers, constipation and other common digestive problems.
- Improves the lung function.
- Heals varicose veins.
- Can improve utilization of blood glucose and insulin secretion.
- Helps the body to eliminate viruses that cause herpes.
- It helps improve gum health if you mix it with oregano oil.
- If you consume it regularly can ease the allergy symptoms.
- If you consume coconut oil regularly, may reduce intensity and frequency of the seizures that causes Epilepsy.
- It is a good fighter against Candida.
- Helps with conjunctivitis.
- Daily usage can increase production of hormones.
- Gently apply it to the inside of the nose to prevent nosebleed and also to prevent dry nostrils.
- As a lubricant.
- Alleviates nausea and heartburn.
- It helps to clean the body during detoxification.
- It’s excellent for aromatherapy.
- Against insomnia and improves sleep quality.
Coconut oil uses and benefits for your Skin
- Prevents forming of stretch marks during pregnancy.
- To moisturize damaged or dry skin.
- As an antibacterial skin cream.
- To avoid sunburn.
- To soothe sunburns if not prevented. It helps minimize the peeling process.
- To heal all kind of burns. It should be applied directly to the burned skin immediately after burning it and constantly apply it on the burnt skin until it heals completely.
- Apply on new tattoos, it decreases the risk of infection and fastens the healing process.
- To soften feet. Plus it deodorizes them.
- When mixed with baking soda, it can be used as a facial scrub.
- Decreases the pores and smooth-ens wrinkles if used daily.
- As an eye make-up remover.
- When you rub coconut oil on the skin it lightens age spots.
- Alleviates dandruff and itching.
- Used as perfect lip balm and also great protector of the lips.
- It’s used to repair and strengthen the hair.
- Can be used as an aftershave, which calms down sensitive skin.
- Removes dark circles under your eyes.
- As ingredient of homemade toothpaste.
- As ingredient in homemade lotions.
- Also used for strengthening the eyelashes.
- As a face moisturizer for night time use.
- It sooth’s irritation on nipples while breastfeeding.
- As a natural deodorant.
- If rubbed on the scalp daily it increases hair growth.
- As a hair gel.
- As a pre-shampoo treatment.
- As baby lotion.
- For a body scrub if it’s combined with sugar.
- When applied on cheekbones over makeup, it highlights the cheekbone.
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite.
- When you have a leg cramp, apply it on the leg.
- Used as all-natural flea treatment.
Coconut oil uses and benefits for your home
- Perfectly cleans your shower.
- Place coconut oil to your wooden furniture and flatware. Will keep them in excellent condition.
- It cleans and polishes the bronze.
- To lubricate strings of instruments or scissors when get sticky.
- Cleans leather cloths and furniture, but first test it on a small area.
- As a lubricant on small motors of your electronic appliances in the kitchen.
- For seasoning a cast iron pan.
- For shining plants leaves.
- As a wax for snowboard or surfboard.
- Removes chewing gum from carpets and from your hair.
Coconut oil uses and benefits for your pets
- Against bad breath.
- Makes their fur bright and glossy.
- Reduces joint pain.
- Better healing from cuts or skin problems.
- Better digestion.
- Treats and prevents yeast and fungal infections.
- Excellent for general wellbeing for our pets.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.