This apple and cinnamon detox water is recommended as a drink to accelerate metabolism and promote weight loss.
However, it’s important to note that such drinks aren’t a substitute for main meals, but an option to hydrate, in a healthy way. In this way, we avoid falling into the trap of consuming industrial beverages, which contain large amounts of sugar and sodium.
We can flavor the water with some natural ingredients (such as lemon, cinnamon, orange, among others) and also provide some extra nutrients. The apple and cinnamon mixture is one option, but there are many other combinations that we can try.
What are the benefits of this detox water
This type of detox drink is a form of flavored water, in which two ingredients are chosen in particular: cinnamon and apple.
- Cinnamon is a commonly used spice, very aromatic, and pleasant to the palate. It combines very well with foods such as apples and can even enhance their sweetness, thus making us believe that we’re consuming a beverage with a sweeter taste than it may actually have.
- Apple is a fruit that also has a good aroma and a slightly sweet taste. If the red variety is chosen, this will be even more noticeable.
- Both ingredients have components that are beneficial to health, (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants).
The red apple and cinnamon mixture is sweet, perfect for those with a sweet tooth. On the other hand, the mixture of green apple and lemon, for example, is perfect for those who like more refreshing drinks.
Whether we choose Royal Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious, Autumn Glory, or any other variety; the truth is that as long as the fruit is red, the drink will be sweet.
Contributions of apples
When preparing the detox water, it’s best to opt for the red variety, as it tends to provide a sweeter taste. On the other hand, if we prefer a more acidic touch, the best option is green. Whatever the case, we must bear in mind that, in general, apple drinks tend to be sweet.
Apples are a good source of fiber, which supports digestion, prevents constipation, and helps ensure the proper absorption of nutrients.
According to data from the American Society for Nutrition, this fruit contains a certain amount of potassium and vitamin C, as well as flavonoids, procyanidins, and organic acids.
Moreover, according to LiveScience experts, this fruit also contains (although to a lesser extent) vitamin A, calcium, and iron.
Containing vitamins A and C, which have an antioxidant effect, experts consider that the consumption of this fruit could help minimize the effect of free radicals.
This famous spice has been used in gastronomy due to its particular flavor and aroma. But, beyond that, FEN experts indicate that it’s a natural source of protein, iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, vitamins B6, and C, phenols, and aldehydes.
Cinnamon has anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can contribute to the health of the whole body, and in particular to the regulation of blood glucose and body temperature.
It’s considered that its consumption can help speed up metabolism and thus promote weight loss.
Apple and cinnamon detox water drink recipe
If you would like to try our apple and cinnamon detox water drink to start adding wellness while reaching your ideal weight, here is the recipe.
- 1 liter of water
- 1 red (or green) apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cinnamon stick (1 or 2, to taste)
- Heat 1 liter of water. It isn’t necessary to boil it.
- When it’s hot, pour it into a pitcher and add the cinnamon stick and a red (or green) apple cut into pieces.
- Cover it for 10 minutes and put it in the refrigerator.
- After about two hours, when it’s cold, add a little lemon juice and serve the amount you want to drink.
- If you don’t want to heat the water, you can prepare it with cold water, but you’ll need to let it stand overnight so that the nutrients of the ingredients are released into the liquid.
Enjoy the apple and cinnamon mixture
Remember that this drink can be a good complement to your day-to-day life, as long as you consume it in moderation, within a healthy lifestyle.
Please note that, as it contains cinnamon, it would be advisable to consult your doctor before starting to take it, as this spice is contraindicated in some cases.