11. Coffee for Dietary Purpose
Yes, you read that right!
Coffee is packed with nutrients and antioxidant properties which are closely equivalent to any fruit or vegetable that you include in your healthy diet.
In fact, the recent studies conducted on the organic coffee beans it has been proven that coffee is the biggest source of antioxidant properties that helps in boosting the immune system of the body.
So, the next time you think of buying healthy fruits and vegetables for your diet make sure to include a good brand of coffee too.
12. Improve Your Alertness with Coffee
The primary purpose or function of coffee or caffeine is to block the effects of an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine in the brain.
The blocking of Adenosine results in activating and releasing the neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine.
This whole process results in making the coffee drinker feel more active, alert and smarter as they tend to be more attentive after consuming coffee. Coffee also aids in improving the cognitive function of the brain.
13. Coffee for Healthy and Glowing Skin
Coffee is a great natural scrub that helps in removing the dead skin cells and also lightens the blemishes and the acne scars.
How to Use Coffee for a Glowing Skin?
This face mask combining coffee grounds along with milk and honey helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells as well as rejuvenates the skin.
- Coffee, Milk, Honey & Cocoa Face Mask
- 2 tbsp. – Freshly Ground Coffee
- 3 tbsp. – Milk
- 2 tbsp. – Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. – Honey
- 1 cup – Warm Water
- Mixing Bowl
- Muslin Cloth
- Take a mixing bowl and into this add in the ground coffee, cocoa powder, honey and milk.
- Mix this well until it forms a smooth paste like consistency.
- Now apply this mask all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about 10-15 mins.
- Later dip the muslin cloth in warm water and ring out the excess water from the cloth.
- Use this cloth to wipe the face gently in order to remove the mask.
- Later wash your face with cold water and pat the skin dry.
This skin rejuvenation treatment with coffee can be repeated twice in a week for a naturally glowing skin.
How to Use Coffee for Lightening the Blemishes?
Coffee contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Skin beneficial properties like these help in healing the damaged skin and also rejuvenates it.
- Coffee, Honey, and Yoghurt Face Mask
Honey is rich in antioxidants and skin healing properties.
Yoghurt is a natural source of lactic acid that helps in lightening the blemishes and the overall skin tone.
By combining honey and yoghurt along with coffee will aid in brightening, lightening and moisturizing the skin from deep within.
- 2 tbsp. – Ground Coffee
- 2 tbsp. – Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. – Honey
- Mixing Bowl
- Add in the ground coffee, honey and the yoghurt into a mixing bowl.
- Now mix all the ingredients well until it forms a smooth paste like consistency.
- Apply this coffee mask all over your face and neck area, avoiding the sensitive eye area.
- Leave it on for about 20-30 mins.
- Later wash your face with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
This mask helps in lightening the blemishes, brightening the skin as well as tightens the pores.
This coffee mask remedy can be repeated twice in a week for best results.
Coffee for Tightening & Toning the Skin
Coffee is packed with antioxidant benefits and this makes it the ideal ingredient for the skin. It also contains caffeine that helps in drawing out the excess moisture from the skin leaving the skin tighter and smoother.
How to Use Coffee to Tone the Skin?
This natural skin exfoliant remedy that includes coffee, coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon helps in gently removing the dead skin cells as well as firms the skin.
The result of this natural coffee exfoliant will be a smoother, glowing and toned skin.
- Coffee, Coconut Oil, Sugar and Cinnamon Body Scrub
Coffee rich in antioxidants helps in making the skin appear toned and smoother.
Coconut oil is rich in nutrients and skin beneficial vitamins that help in naturally moisturizing your skin from deep within.
Sugar is considered as another natural scrub that helps in removing the dead skin cells.
Cinnamon is packed with antibacterial properties that help in preventing the skin from skin infections and acne.
- ½ cup – Ground Coffee
- ¼ cup – Coconut Oil
- ½ cup – Sugar
- 1 tsp. – Ground Cinnamon
- Mixing Bowl
- Take a mixing bowl and into this add in the ground coffee, coconut oil, cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Now you can store this natural body scrub in an airtight container.
This scrub can be used once in a week to exfoliate the skin on the body as a natural skin toning treatment.
14. Coffee for Healthy & Shiny Hair
Coffee is packed with antioxidants and several health and beauty beneficial vitamins and nutrients.
These qualities make coffee one of the best natural ingredients for healthy and shiny hair growth. Coffee is also one of the most important and most used ingredients in several hair care products.
How to Use Coffee for Naturally Shiny Hair?
- Coffee & Olive Oil Hair Mask
Olive oil is a rich natural source of vitamin E which helps in deep conditioning the hair and also promotes healthy hair growth by strengthening the roots.
- 1 tbsp. – Ground Coffee
- 2 tbsp. – Olive Oil
- Small Bowl
- Shower Cap
- Take a small bowl and into this add in the ground coffee and the olive oil.
- Mix this well until it forms a smooth mask like consistency.
- Apply this coffee mask all over your hair from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for about 10-15 mins.
- Later wash your hair with a mild shampoo and let it towel dry.
- This process for a naturally shiny hair can be repeated twice in a week.
15. Coffee for Dry & Flaky Feet
Do you most often fancy those pedicures at spa to get rid of flaky feet?
Then you will definitely love this remedy to treat dry and flaky feet at home.
How to Use Coffee to Treat Dry & Flaky Feet?
- Coffee & Coconut Oil Foot Scrub
Coffee being rich in anti-inflammatory properties helps in healing the dry and flaky skin on the feet. It helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells of the feet.
Coconut oil aids in moisturizing the dry feet leaving them well-nourished and soft.
- 2 tbsp. – Ground Coffee
- 2 ½ tbsp. – Coconut Oil
- Mixing Bowl
- Warm Water – for soaking the feet
- Firstly, add the coconut oil and the ground coffee into a mixing bowl.
- Mix this well until both the ingredients are well combined.
- Now dip your feet into the warm water for 2-3 mins.
- Later use the coffee scrub and scrub your feet gently in circular motions for at least 5-8 mins.
- Later place your feet again in the warm water for another 10-15 min.
- Later clean your feet with regular water and pat the skin dry.
- Always make sure to use a good moisturizer after scrubbing your feet.
- This remedy to heal and treat the dry feet can be repeated twice in a week.
Apart from the coffee benefits and uses mentioned above coffee is loaded with many other health benefits.
Few of the coffee benefits and uses are mentioned below take a look!
- Coffee also aids in repairing the damaged skin caused by the harmful UV rays.
- Coffee is a great way to de-puff the puffy eyes and all you need to do is to use the ground coffee that you used in the morning and refrigerate it for 5-10 mins. Later place it under your eyes for about 10-15 mins.
- Coffee is a great way to treat the redness and irritation on the skin.
- Coffee is a great way to maintain the elasticity of the skin and make it appear youthful. This is possible because of the anti-aging properties present that the coffee is loaded with.
- Coffee is one of the best natural ways to get rid of cellulite.
All of the above-mentioned coffee benefits and uses are completely safe and have no side effects what so ever.
Be it any health concern it is always safe and logical to consider a few home remedies before buying the over the counter medications.
The home remedies are natural and completely safe and they have successfully proven to treat many major health ailments.
If any health concern continues even after the usage of the above-mentioned remedies then it is best suggested to consult a specialist for the same.
Via: MedicalNewsToday | OneMedical