Have you ever tried to make magnesium oil by yourself for improving your sleep, reducing the stress or for any other good reason? If not, you can try it right now and share your experience!
Using magnesium daily is an excellent dietary practice because it is a vital part of human overall wellness. Many people are deficient in this essential mineral that is important for most of the physiological human reactions. Each body’s cell requires magnesium in some way since it is vital for tooth, bone, joint and muscle health and also for doze of sleep that is optimal and stress reduction.
The deficiency of magnesium is widespread. The reason for that are many factors of the lifestyle that actively diminish body’s magnesium reserves as excess stress, lack of sleep or alcohol/caffeine/sugar consumption.
On top of this, many natural supplies of magnesium are diminishing, such as the soil, which is a result from the high use of pesticides or over-farming. Also, the magnesium that is naturally found in water is removed by the systems for filtration of water.
The ocean is however a great source of trace minerals and magnesium, still people who do not have a beach access daily, taking magnesium oil transdermal can be the most efficient and the easiest way to increase the levels of magnesium.
We have recently come across some research data showing that adequate magnesium oil can do everything from reducing stress to improving sleep intervals and even eliminating morning sickness!
If you distaste magnesium tablets or pills taken orally, you can try using magnesium in the form of magnesium oil instead. A brilliant reader recently shared with us how he saved a lot of money by making his own homemade magnesium oil, so we wanted to pass on this great recipe to you.
Homemade Magnesium Oil Recipe
- ½ cup magnesium chloride flakes
- ½ cup distilled water
- a bowl or cup for measuring (from glass)
- a spray glass bottle (plastic can be also used)
- Boil the distilled water. In order to have extended mixture’s shelf life it is essential distilled water to be used. Put the magnesium chloride inside.
- Put the flakes in the glass bowl or measuring cup and then pour the boiling water over it.
- Stir well until completely dissolved. Let it cool completely and store it in a spray bottle prepared for the magnesium oil. It can be stored at room temperature for at least 6 months. You can keep it in your kitchen or bathroom to use it daily.
How to Use Magnesium Oil
Magnesium oil can be sprayed on arms, legs, and stomach daily. It will tingle on the skin the first few times it is used, but this is normal. It should fade after a few applications. If the tingling bothers you too much, you can dilute the oil with some more water.
You can leave the magnesium oil on the skin and wash it off after 20-30 minutes. Usually it is applied after a shower. 5 minutes after the magnesium oil has been removed, coconut lotion bar or oil can be used for moisturizing your skin.