This onion remedy, has a power to detox your kidneys. In addition, it also harvests the diuretic and purifying abilities of parsley and lemon. Learn about the onion remedy benefits and how to make it!
Your kidneys are the organs in charge of filtering toxins from your blood via a complex detoxification process that ends with the expulsion of urine.
Keeping them working well is a determining factor in the health of your entire body since it keeps your electrolytes and other nutrients balanced, among other tasks.
The problem is that they sometimes have trouble doing their job due to certain bad habits, and can even develop problems that are serious enough to affect your quality of life.
You may not notice anything at first, but over time, these habits lead to a chain of negative reactions that manifest in different kinds of physical symptoms.
That’s why you need to understand how important it is to support your body’s kidney detoxification process by eating well and using natural remedies to enhance the process.
Below, we’ll tell you about a remarkable remedy made with onions that’s able to help strengthen this important organ and remove toxins.
Homemade onion remedy to cleanse your kidneys
Onions have medicinal properties that have been used for centuries to support good renal health.
They provide purifying, antibiotic, and diuretic powers that strengthen this organ. Meanwhile, they also creating a protective barrier and keeping free radicals and infectious agents out.
the main active compound in onions, allicin, gives them a powerful anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effect. This helps get your kidneys functioning like they should, especially if there is a buildup of toxins.
Together with the vitamins and minerals in onions, it helps balance fluids in your body while keeping your electrolyte levels stable.
A few of the main nutrients in onions are:
- Vitamins (A, B complex, C, E)
- Minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, silicon, sulfur, phosphorus, iodine, copper)
These substances help stop cell damage caused by free radicals and reduce your risk of getting degenerative diseases in the long run.
How to make this onion remedy
This homemade onion remedy for cleansing your kidneys takes advantage of the above-mentioned qualities of onions. In addition, it harvests the diuretic effect of parsley and lemon.
It will be a big help in removing toxins and fighting inflammation. Plus, it’s a detox drink with a nutritional profile that helps strengthen your renal system.
As an antibacterial, astringent, and anti-inflammatory drink, its ingredients help keep your kidney in tip-top shape. Meanwhile, it cleanses your urinary tract, thus reducing your risk of infections.
- 2 liters of water
- 2 raw onions
- 3 branches of parsley
- The juice of 3 lemons
- Pour the two liters of water into a pot and heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onions into a few pieces or slices.
- Once the water is boiling, pour it into a jar and add the onion pieces.
- Then, add the parsley and lemon juice, and let sit for at least two hours.
- After this time, strain the liquid.
How to consume:
- The two liters of onion water should be distributed into several doses throughout the day, ideally 5 or 6.
- Since it has a powerful diuretic effect, you should only use the treatment three days a week, preferably every other day.
- It should be consumed for 1 or 2 weeks, depending on the level of detoxification your kidneys need.
- During this cleanse, you should limit your intake of sodium, including table salt, since this substance interferes with detoxification processes.
- It’s also a good idea to avoid saturated fat and sugar. These are two things that increase toxins in your body.
- Instead, eat more fruit and vegetables, especially those with high water content.
- You can also eat legumes, mushrooms, and fish.
- Consuming this remedy may cause undesired reactions in people with acid reflux or gastric irritation.
- It is not recommended for people with hypotension, since it tends to lower your blood pressure.
- It’s also not indicated for people with hypoglycemia, as it could make your sugar levels drop.
Are you ready to try this onion remedy? If you don’t have any contraindications, make it at home and discover how good it is for your kidneys!