To moisturize dry skin, we can take advantage of some ingredients at home that help hydrate the skin without damaging it or using harmful chemicals.
Dry skin is a condition that only affects the dermis, or outside layer of your skin. Even though it’s not a serious problem, it can be very annoying for those who have it.
To keep your skin smooth and hydrate it when it is dry, you can start to incorporate different household products into your daily care routine to help you.
A good way to care for your skin is by using some of these common products. With them, you can clean, hydrate, exfoliate, and tone your skin.
Which household products can moisturize dry skin without hurting it?
- Almond Oil
- Yogurt and Potatoes
Keep the best products to moisturize dry skin at home
1. Almond oil
If your skin is dry, what would be better to hydrate it than a natural oil?
Almond oil is an excellent choice to moisturize dry skin, especially since it can be found right in your home. Learn to make your own moisturizer so that your skin can stop looking so dry all of the time.
- 2 cups of hot water (500 ml)
- ½ of almond oil (7.5 g)
- Hand towel
How to apply:
- Wet your face with the hot water.
- Next, pour the almond oil into your hands and rub them together.
- Massage the oil into your face using circular motions.
- Continue this motion for a couple of minutes and then dampen the hand towel with hot water.
- Wring the towel out well, and then place it on your face, being careful not to burn yourself. Let sit until the towel becomes room temperature.
- Finally, clean your face with the cloth. Repeat this procedure 3 times a week.
2. Yogurt and mashed potatoes
When you want to hydrate your dry skin, using a mixture of household products like yogurt and potatoes are an excellent choice.
This contains lactic acid which helps hydrate the skin as well as helping to eliminate dead cells. Plus, it works and a natural exfoliant. It will leave your skin completely smooth.
- 1 cup of yogurt (200 g)
- 3 tbsp. of mashed potatoes
How to apply:
- Combine the yogurt and mashed potatoes until they are well mixed.
- Apply directly to your face and cover up until your neck.
- Let the mask sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Your skin will look brand new!
- Repeat this home treatment 2 times a week and you will see how you can hydrate your skin for a long period of time.
Clay has numerous properties, some of which are its hydrating and moisturizing abilities to help your skin in the long run.
However, for what we want to achieve, we prefer white clay powder.
Try to not mix it with water at first. This way, you can ensure that you will be able to make the amount that you are going to need and you will always get effective results.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 5 tbsp. of white clay powder (50 g)
- 1 pepper
How to apply:
- Combine the white clay powder with water until it is well mixed.
- Peel and cut the pepper in slices and add it to the mixture.
- Mix with your hands until you have a paste-like substance.
- Apply to your face, covering up until your neck and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Its tendency to harden is what will leave your face with your desired smoothness.
- Use this mask 3 times a week and your face will be soft and moisturized.
A product that you probably always have in the house is eggs.
They have a natural structure that is optimal for hydrating dry skin, thanks to all of their essential nutrients. In this mask, mix the eggs with oats to get the most effective formula and you’ll be able to enjoy a moisturized face.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oat flakes
How to apply:
- Combine the eggs with the oat flakes until they are completely mixed.
- Using the brush, apply the mask evenly to your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Repeat this procedure 2 times a week and you will see surprising results.
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.