The combination of oatmeal and chia seeds is very nutritious, delicious and ideal for preparing a satiating, yet light, snack or breakfast – perfect for flattening the belly!
Best of all, it can be combined with different types of fruit and other seeds. Of course, it all depends on your preferences. Ready to learn more about it and discover a delicious recipe? In that case, read on!
Oatmeal and chia seeds, a nutritious combination
In the quest to keep a flat stomach, everyone has to make great efforts, because, unfortunately, it’s in this area of the body that fat and other waste products that the body fails to eliminate properly accumulate more easily.
Fat isn’t lost in a localized way. However, to lose fat in general it’s good to follow an exercise routine and a healthy diet.
The combination of oatmeal and chia seeds is becoming very popular around the world as an excellent option to replace the usual breakfast. Both have essential nutrients that stimulate satiety, such as fiber, which helps us to eat less during the rest of the day.
Oatmeal and chia seeds for breakfast
The combination of oatmeal and chia seeds is a dish that contains everything you need to start the day with energy and avoid snacking between meals. It’s rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which are all necessary to activate the body’s metabolism and increase the feeling of satiety during the rest of the day.
Due to how easy it is to make, it’s a perfect option for all those who don’t have much time to prepare other types of breakfasts. In fact, it doesn’t usually take more than 15 minutes to prepare it, and the ingredients are quite cheap compared to other breakfast ingredients.
As a result, you’ll get a perfect breakfast to include in a hypocaloric diet, because it’s low in calories and rich in benefits to improve health.
- a pinch of salt,
- 500 ml of water (18 fl oz),
- 1 cup of oatmeal (105 g),
- 2 tbsp. of honey (50 g),
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon powder (10 g),
- 4 tbsp. of chia seeds (40 g),
- 2 tbsp. vanilla essence (20 g).
- In a small saucepan, heat the water, cinnamon and vanilla over a high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce it to a minimum and add the oatmeal.
- Let the mixture cook for 5 more minutes.
- After this time, remove it from the heat, cover the pot and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and salt and mix well to integrate all the ingredients.
- Serve the mixture in a bowl and sprinkle the chia seeds on top.
- Optionally, it can be served with dried fruits and nuts, strawberries, blackberries, bananas, among others.
- It isn’t advisable to accompany it with milk, as it has a very high caloric intake, although everything will depend on how moderate you are and your preferences, of course.
What are the benefits of oatmeal and chia seeds to achieve a flat belly?
To achieve a flat belly, you must lead a healthy lifestyle in general, and not just have a satiating breakfast. Therefore, keep in mind that this simple breakfast recipe can be a great weight loss support, given the properties of its two main ingredients, but it isn’t by any means a miracle fat-burning meal.
The benefits of oatmeal
- Oatmeal contains beta-glucans, soluble fiber and polyphenols, which are known for their antioxidant action and their influence on satiety levels as shown in the following study.
- It gives a fiber intake that can help to regulate blood sugar levels and decrease the sensation of appetite to avoid excessive calorie intake.
- It’s good for regulating and facilitating bowel movements, which, in turn, prevents constipation.
- It helps to improve physical and mental performance by making a significant contribution of fiber, vitamins, and essential minerals. The contribution of vitamin B, for example, is of great interest to prevent states of depression as shown in this article.
The benefits of chia seeds
Regular consumption of chia seeds can help you to lose weight, as it’s a food with an incredible satiating power and a source of nutrients that stimulate the proper functioning of the body.
It contains omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, twice as much protein as other seeds, fiber, minerals and antioxidant compounds that protect the body from different diseases.
The scientific literature assures us of the beneficial properties of omega-3 fatty acids on diabetes, cancer, dementia and depression. Thanks to their nutritional value, incorporating them into your diet can be useful to achieve a flatter belly because:
- It decreases muscle inflammation after intense exercise, as this article states.
- It helps to reduce the sensation of appetite.
- It prevents constipation and improves the diversity of intestinal flora according to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
Healthy, nutritious, and slimming
Oatmeal and chia seeds have many different benefits for the body, because both foods contain several essential nutrients for health. In addition to this, they’re rich in dietary fiber, which not only contributes to the feeling of satiety, but also provides energy.
Now that you know how beneficial the combination of oatmeal and chia seeds is, you can now take the step to enjoy it regularly in your breakfasts.
Additionally, keep in mind that, even though the main intention is to help flatten the belly, with its intake you’ll also improve digestive and cardiovascular health.