Having perfect abs is a dream that both men and women share. It’s also a sign of good health. Abdominal fat isn’t easy to eliminate, however, and that’s why it’s necessary to perform ab exercises to maintain good abdominals.
The abdominal muscles are always there, although we can’t always see them. Sometimes, they’re hidden behind a layer of abdominal fat which can be quite annoying.
Now, to get rid of this fat, you just have to do these ab exercises.
4 Perfect Ab Exercises You Can Do at Home
In this article, we’ll share our series of ab exercises that can be performed to get great abdominal muscles.
This is a well-known exercise that’s easy to perform and very effective at working all the muscles of your body, especially the abs.
- To perform plank exercise, you lay face down and extend your body on a flat surface, preferably on a mat.
- The position is similar to doing push-ups. Instead of using your hands for support, place your forearms on the mat.
- Your elbows should remain at the same distance as the shoulders. You can form a square by placing one forearm over the other.
- Now, you must hold up your body weight on your forearms and the tips of the feet, which should be in line with your hips.
- Once in this position, hold it, contracting your abdominal muscles at all times.
- Your back should always stay straight, so that you can draw a straight line on your body that goes from your head to your heels.
- Stay like this for at least thirty seconds. You only need to do it once, but the longer you can hold it, the better.
2. Russian twists
This is an ideal exercise to keep your oblique muscles in shape.
- To carry out the exercise, lay on a mat lying down and facing the ceiling.
- Then, lift your upper body so that you’re almost sitting. Lift your legs so that they’re suspended without touching the mat, keeping the soles of your feet supported.
- Then, stretch your arms completely and interlace the fingers.
- You must balance the upper part of your body, always staying straight, from one side first, until you reach your limit. Hold the position for two seconds.
- Then, turn to the other side and repeat the movement. A complete movement to both sides counts as one repetition.
- You must perform a minimum of eight repetitions for three sets of the exercise.
3. Inverted bicycle
The inverted bicycle is one of the best ab exercises to tone all muscles, including the abdominals.
- To do it, you must lie down completely on an exercise mat.
- Place your body on your back. Then, interlace your fingers and place your hands on the back of your neck so that your elbows are facing outward.
- Next, raise your left knee and then the right, so that a right angle is formed with the leg at the height of the hip.
- Then, rotate the upper part of your body, so that your right elbow reaches your left knee.
- Then, perform the same movement with your right leg.
- A movement with both legs counts as one repetition. Perform at least three sets of twelve repetitions each.
4. Reverse contractions
This is one of the easiest and most comfortable ab exercises, especially for women. By doing this exercise, you can work your lower abdominal muscles and obliques.
- To do this, you should lie on your back on a comfortable surface like an exercise mat. The palms of your hands should be extended and touch the ground completely.
- Now, by contracting your abdominal muscles, you should raise your legs so that they’re higher than your hips, forming a right angle with your entire body.
- Your legs should not be flexed or separated while doing the exercise.
- To separate your hips from the floor, you must contract your lower abdominal muscles.
- After you have your legs up, hold the position for at least three seconds, and slowly return to the starting position.
- You must perform a minimum of eight repetitions.
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.