In addition to remove any substance which disables the free breathing and blocks the lungs we cough.
Sometimes coughing is painful. However if contracting muscles and simultaneously breathing out was not genetically determined there will be reflex nearly always. Cough can be relieved using sage treatment and the science behind it is really interesting.
Sage relieves painful dry coughs through its dynamite-pack of benefits. It makes clogs of phlegm dissolve, and this first action makes for smoother throat clearing. This has been used by medical practitioners for hundreds of years and the efficacy has not deteriorated.
- Vitamins C, B1, P
- Phosphoric acid
- Etheric anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory oils
The Recipe for a Milk and Sage based Dry Cough Remedy
- a 250ml glass of milk (standard)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. of sage leaf tea
- a pinch of turmeric
- Mix the milk and sage in a sauce pan and bring to boil slowly (low heat)
- Do not let the milk sit to over-boil, remove when it reaches boiling point
- Drop the butter in the mixture and let it rest for not less than 15 minutes
- Add the honey and turmeric then strain the solution ready for a drink.
What results is a dry cough buster that is best taken before sleep. A lot of doctors know the power packed in sage and would not question your suggestion in addition to their prescription.
However, if you have any other medication you are under, do ask for compatibility of doses with the doctor. Also the concoction has been known to stop the production of milk in breast feeding mothers, a cause for concern again best cleared with your doctor.
Making this portion is very easy and it guarantees peaceful nights, something worth more than gold when you are stricken with a dry cough and you really need to sleep.
This dry cough remedy is also safe for children in mild dosages; half of what is recommended for an adult would work miracles with dry coughs in children.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.