All people lose between 70 and 100 hairs per day. Although this is completely normal, abnormal loss is when a person loses more than 100 hairs a day. In this case, the person is suffering from alopecia, or baldness.
People will alopecia usually lose the hair on their heads, but it can also affect:
- Genital area
In this article, we’re going to tell you more about alopecia, its causes, symptoms, the ways to prevent it, and the best home remedies to treat alopecia naturally.
Causes of Alopecia
Here are some of the causes of alopecia:
- Genetic factors
- Bad diet
- Endocrine diseases such as hypothyroidism
- Infectious diseases
- Drug interactions (especially certain drugs used in chemotherapy, antithyroid drugs, anticoagulants, and drugs used to treat hypervitaminosis A and hypocholesterolemia).
- Iron deficiency or anemia
Symptoms of Alopecia
In men, there’s usually hairline and crown loss. However, the pattern of hair loss is different in women. Some less common forms of alopecia can cause itching or scalp pain.
- If you find many hairs on your pillow when you wake up, this may be an indication that you’re losing more hair than you should.
- If a lot of hair falls out every time you wash your hair, this may be a sign of alopecia. You may also lose a lot of hair when brushing or combing it.
- Excessive dandruff or sebum can be one of the factors that cause hair loss.
The most useful measure is to get a proper diagnosis and early treatment once the alopecia appears.
- Healthy living habits (no smoking, adequate nutrition and avoiding excessive sun exposure) may favor good hair health.
- Drink a lot of water. Like your other body parts, your hair also needs to be properly hydrated to look shiny and be healthy and strong. Therefore, you should get used to drinking about two liters (8 glasses) of water a day in order to help treat alopecia.
How it affects everyday life
This disease can become a great cosmetic and personal problem.
This is undoubtedly one of the most common cosmetic problems worldwide. It even affects many people emotionally. Thus, it can cause a loss of self-esteem or even bullying problems in their work and personal life.
Natural Remedies to Treat Alopecia
1. Carrot juice and coconut milk
Carrots contain vitamin B6, B12, and antioxidants which help strengthen hair and keep it healthy. Coconut milk contains vitamins, trace elements, amino acids, and minerals.
All this will help keep your hair healthier and stronger.
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of coconut milk (250 ml)
- Place both ingredients in the blender and blend them for about 3 or 4 minutes until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Without straining the mixture, work it through your hair, leave on for 30 minutes, and then wash with cold water.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Vinegar is a great natural way to help treat alopecia caused by excess sebum. It will also help stimulate its circulation.
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
- Work the apple cider vinegar through your hair and massage your scalp gently.
- After 45 minutes, wash your hair with warm water.
Recommendations and Rips to Prevent Hair Loss
Here are a few recommendations to help you prevent and alleviate this problem:
- Prevent stress. Activities such as yoga, laughter therapy, tai chi, and exercise help produce endorphins and reduce stress.
- Treat health problems such as depression, anxiety, or anemia if you’re suffering from any of them.
- Have a healthy, balanced diet rich in iron, antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins A, B, C, and E. This will help strengthen your hair and energize your hair follicles.
- Use soft brushes and avoid tight hairstyles and the use of hair ties.
- Avoid smoking: this habit rapidly weakens hair follicles.
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.