Insomnia is one of the most common sleep disorders that so many people live with. However, you can treat insomnia naturally once and for all with some powerful home remedies.
For starters, insomnia is the inability to sleep enough, or in some cases, at all.
And, there are two types of insomnia:
- Sleep onset: Problems falling asleep within 30 minutes.
- Awakening: Trouble staying asleep, causing nighttime awakenings of more than 30 minutes, or complete awakening where the person is unable to fall asleep again.
Before we get into the ways how to treat insomnia naturally, we need to look at the causes. Insomnia has many different causes. A few factors are:
- Eye problems
So, we know that we have to get enough sleep if we want to be productive during the day.
And, you also need rest for your body and mind to perform well.
Additionally, experts recommend getting between 7 and 7 and a half hours of sleep every night. However, a lot of people only manage 4 hours. Still, others go overboard and sleep over 10 hours a day.
And, insomnia can be temporary. It can last just a few days to several weeks. Or, in chronic cases, it can last months or even years.
So, if you don’t want to deal with side effects from medication, the best way to treat insomnia naturally will be with home remedies. Some act more quickly than others, but they’re all effective.
4 Home Remedies to Treat Insomnia Naturally
Today we’ll give you a short list of some home remedies to treat insomnia naturally.
It’s time to get the rest you need.
1. Valerian tea
This one is a perfect natural remedy for anxiety, stress, and insomnia and can be taken in different forms.
- 3 to 6 drops of valerian
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- If you’d like to have it hot, just pour a cup of water into a pot and heat it, or just microwave it.
- Add the valerian drops to the water, mix well, and drink.
- We recommend having it a half hour before bed.
2. Milk and honey
Have you ever heard that milk and honey are good for insomnia? Well, it’s not a myth; it’s true!
It will help you relax and fall asleep much more quickly. And the honey is a great natural sweetener.
- 1 cup of milk (200 ml)
- 1 tsp. of honey (7.5 g)
- If you only have powdered milk, use 2 or 3 tablespoons to make a cup.
- Once the milk is ready, add the honey to give it a better taste.
- Heat and consume 30 to 40 minutes before going to bed.
3. Chamomile tea
Almost all herbs have soothing properties. Chamomile tea specifically is wonderful for many reasons, but especially because it will help you fall asleep.
- 1 tbsp. of chamomile or 1 tea bag (10 g)
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
- This is one of the easiest teas to make.
- All you have to do is put the chamomile tea bag into the hot water and let it steep.
- If you prefer loose leaf tea, strain it before consuming.
- Drink the tea 20 minutes before bed.
4. Lettuce tea
As we said above, insomnia may be caused by many factors. Lettuce is an excellent remedy for anxiety and stress, and it will help you get to sleep sooner.
Here we’ll just use the center part of the lettuce.
- 1 head of lettuce, or 3 leaves
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water, using as much as needed for the amount of lettuce you’ll be adding.
- Once boiling add the lettuce core or the leaves and let steep for 5 minutes while the minerals and other components are extracted.
- After this time, strain and let cool a bit.
- Consume 20 to 30 minutes before going to bed.
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.