We’ve all experienced it: wanting to wear a bare-back dress, but not being able to because of those back-acne marks on your back. How to get rid of back acne?
Today, we’ll show you some remedies that will help you get rid of back acne. Remember, this type of acne is different than face acne. Learn more below.
How to Get Rid of Back Acne
There are a lot of different reasons that we may suffer from acne: the skin produces too much sebum or fat, or because dead cells, bacteria and dirt accumulate throughout the day. This ends up causing pimples.
Back acne is usually more painful than face acne, and it’s also more difficult to get rid of. It affects both men and women and, unlike face acne, it has nothing to do with age. People can get it at any time in their lives.
Let’s look at some tips.
1. Make sure to clean your back well
During your daily shower, we recommend paying special attention to your back to make sure you’re cleaning it well. Conventional sponges won’t cut it, since they can accumulate a lot of bacteria, which will make the situation worse. Use a wipe or natural sponges, then try the homemade scrubs that we’ll tell you about below.
Use mild, antibacterial soaps that eliminate sweat, dirt and excess sebum. This is especially important after exercising.
Don’t use soaps that contain perfumes. It’s best to use something neutral.
2. Exfoliating is important.
You should exfoliate your back at least once a week to eliminate dead cells.
An ideal exfoliating cream can be made with yogurt and lemon. Why?
This is because yogurt contains lactic acid, one of the main ingredients found in main professional chemical peels. Additionally, if you add a natural instringent – like lemon juice – to lactic acid, you’ll be able to eliminate more grease and impurities.
- To make this cream, mix 1/2 cup of non-fat natural yogurt, three tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of flour.
- Mix everything well and apply it to dry skin.
- Leave the mask on for 15 minutes, then take a hot shower to rinse it off.
Salt and brown sugar can also be used to get rid of back acne.
- You should get coarse sea salt that you can apply to your exfoliating mitten or on a washcloth.
- Once you have it in your hand, massage your back using small circles, especially on the parts where you have back acne.
3. Other Remedies
Tea tree oil is one of the most effective natural antiseptics to treat acne. You can find it in herbal shops, natural stores and also in pharmacies. It has a whitish-yellow color, and a very characteristic smell.
It also helps to decrease the appearance of blemishes and burns. However, it’s best known for getting rid of acne because it helps to heal the skin.
- You should soak a cotton ball in water with a drop of tea tree oil, and apply it anywhere you have pimples or acne marks.
Honey is also great for those times when you suddenly break out on your back.
- Apply it to the affected area for 10 minutes, then take a shower and apply aloe vera.
- Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer and is also great at healing scars.
4. General Tips for Beautiful Skin
Body acne is most common on the back and chest, where the sebaceous glands are most active and pores are more likely to clog with dead skin cells. To prevent this, you should avoid wearing tight clothes. That way, your skin will be able to breathe.
In addition, whenever you sweat a lot, like after exercising, you should shower immediately and exfoliate.
Proper diet is also essential to avoid acne breakouts. Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables, especially those with B vitamins, since they help reduce inflammation and heal wounds. Avoid fatty foods. Since they’re rich in fats, your pores will clog more easily.
In addition, drink plenty of fluids. Make sure to stay well-hydrated, since this will help get rid of toxins in the body.
If you have any questions, or if your back acne won’t clear up after trying these natural remedies, talk to your dermatologist or a pharmacist. They can tell you which treatment will work best for you.