Spider veins are dilation’s of capillaries and superficial blood vessels, which are noticed on the skin due to their greenish or bruised hue. Luckily, you can treat spider veins with a homemade ointment.
First off, spider veins result from weakening of the valves that regulate blood flow. They almost always appear in the lower part of the body. And usually, they appear before varicose veins.
Sometimes, they disappear without reaching dilation. However, some remain for years without causing any complications.
They’re more frequent among-st overweight and obese people, but they are also associated with hormonal changes, high temperatures, and the use of some types of footwear.
The good news is that they can be controlled and minimized with natural remedies, since the combination of some ingredients can improve circulation and relieve inflammation.
Among these options, we found a natural garlic ointment. And, it’s ideal for applying to legs, arms and other areas susceptible to this problem.
Homemade ointment to treat spider veins
Also, these ingredients include a significant amount of anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, vasodilatory properties. So, after use, you will notice restored circulation that helps treat spider veins.
- Applying it externally helps reduce inflammation of the capillaries and blood vessels, avoiding complications such as varicose veins.
- It has toning properties that improve circulation, which prevents the formation of thrombi or obstructions in the lower part of the body.
- It’s recommended improving the function of the lymphatic system, which essential for avoiding inflammatory problems and a build-up of toxins.
- Also, it’s used to relax stressed or inflamed legs. This is especially helpful after a long workday or after high physical impact.
- Additionally, it contains minerals that skin can absorb. So, it helps eliminate liquids retained in body tissue.
- However, it is not a miracle treatment. But, it can be supplemented with diet and exercise to noticeably treat spider veins.
How to make this homemade ointment
This home0made ointment of garlic, olive oil, and lemon can prevent and treat spider veins or as a relaxation treatment.
We recommend you keep it to hand to relax your legs, once or twice a week.
However, the important thing is to make sure that the olive oil is 100% extra virgin olive oil. This is because other types don’t have the same properties.
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- ½ cup of olive oil (100g)
- juice of one lemon
- A glass jar with a lid
- Wooden spoon
- First, remove the cloves from the garlic bulbs and peel them.
- Then, cut them into thin slices or, if you like, crush them with a pestle and mortar.
- Next, put them inside a glass jar and cover them with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Stir everything with a wooden spoon so that it is well mixed together.
- Finally, seal the jar and put it in a cool, dark place for 48 hours.
- After this time, sieve the amount of ointment that you think you need, and apply it.
How to apply:
- Spread the ointment over the areas affected by spider veins and then massage for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Massage continuously, without exerting too much pressure, to reactivate circulation.
- After achieving a heat effect on the area, leave the ingredients to act for 30 minutes more.
- Then, rinse with warm water and dry.
- Repeat this at least 3 times a week, preferably before going to bed.
- Bear in mind that, to get good results, you need to be consistent with the treatment.
- Positive results will not be noticeable with a single application.
Do you notice small veins on your legs? Are you worried about suffering from varicose veins? If so, make this ointment at home and include it in your personal care routine to maintain good circulation in your legs and sensitive areas.
Remember though, although it helps, this product does not work on its own.
Take care of your eating habits and increase your water intake to achieve better results in treating this condition.