The yogurt diet is a balanced diet plan that is not based solely on the consumption of this milk. Although there are “miracle” plans with the same name, today we propose a balanced model that gives better results without exposing health.
Yogurt is a food full of nutrients that benefit various functions of the body. In addition to providing calcium for the bones, contains probiotics or “live cultures” that replenish the intestinal microbiota to achieve better digestive health.
On the other hand, it is a very versatile ingredient that can be incorporated in many ways in the diet. While the ideal is to take it in its natural state, it can also be the replacement of some dressings and sauces for main dishes How to make this diet?
Benefits of yogurt diet
There are many reasons to opt for the diet of yogurt as an alternative to lose weight more easily. First, it proposes a varied and safe diet, as it combines ingredients to meet all the nutritional requirements of the body.
On the other hand, it decreases the number of calories ingested per day, but it does not become hypocaloric or extreme. Since yogurt has a prolonged satiating effect, prevents crises of anxiety for food and helps moderate the “pecking”.
This food is an important source of B vitamins, calcium, magnesium and essential amino acids whose assimilation protects several vital functions. To be more specific, regulates the nervous system, takes care of bones and protects muscle health.
Among other things, its lactic acid regulates the intestinal pH and favors the growth of “good” bacteria that strengthen the immune system. Therefore, this diet is perfect to increase defenses and promote the relief of some infections.
Characteristics of the yogurt diet
In the diet of yogurt, it is proposed to supplement a balanced diet with several servings of this milk. However, considering that all excesses are bad, its application is only advised for 5 or 7 days.
In this period ingredients must be chosen low in calories, that meet the body’s nutrient needs. Further, sources of sugars, simple carbohydrates and saturated fats should be excluded.
- Vegetables and fresh fruits
- Lean meats and fish
- Whole grains and legumes
- Nuts and seeds
- Low fat cheeses
- Red and sausage meats
- Fritters and snacks of package
- Precooked food or scrap
- Bread and industrial pastries
- Juices and sugary soft drinks
- Sweets and derivatives
- Make five meals a day: three main meals and two snacks.
- Consume plenty of water throughout the day: between 6 and 8 glasses.
- Avoid fried, battered and breaded. Instead, use baking, steaming or cooking methods in water.
- Take natural skimmed yogurt, free of added sugars and flavors.
Recommended menus for the yogurt diet
The menus that we propose below to make the yogurt diet are simple examples of how this plan should be followed. However, everyone is free to vary the main meals with the healthy foods that you prefer.
- A glass of plain yogurt, toast with ham and fruit to taste.
- Two slices of bread with jam Light, half a cup of plain yogurt and a slice of apple.
- A cup of herbal tea, two whole-grain toast with avocado and a natural yogurt.
- Half a cup of natural yogurt with handful of nuts (about 20 or 30 grams).
- Fruit Macedonia sprinkled with yogurt.
- Smoothie of natural yogurt with red fruits.
- A bowl of green salad with yogurt sauce and diced chicken breast.
- Chicken fillet served with a yogurt salad with cucumber and celery.
- Integral pasta dish with yogurt sauce and crab sticks.
- A glass of low-fat yogurt and two crackers.
- Half bowl of strawberries with natural yogurt.
- Natural yogurt with chia seeds.
- Portion of baked fish, steamed vegetables and portion of wholegrain bread with yogurt.
- French omelet with three slices of turkey and two slices of pineapple with a yogurt.
- Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and prawns and fruit bowl with yogurt.
Are you trying to lose weight and do not know how to start? Opt for the yogurt diet. As you can notice, they are easy options to follow, which do not imply hold hungry. Of course, as soon as you finish them, keep eating healthy so you do not gain weight again.
Via: HuffPost | OrganicFacts