Coffee is one of the most energizing things out there. Everyone drinks it! And some people even make diy coffee face mask recipes…
But did you know you can make face masks with coffee to get firmer skin?
Maybe you didn’t know, but coffee is one of the most popular ingredients in the entire cosmetic industry. In fact, all you have to do is take a look at your beauty products to see that many of them contain caffeine.
So, if there are so many creams, soaps, and lotions with caffeine, why not use it in its most natural state?
Here we’ll show you some coffee face mask recipes to firm up your skin. Try them all and pick your favorite to spoil yourself without exposing yourself to harsh chemicals.
The benefits of applying coffee face masks
Coffee contains antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals, thus reducing your risk of cancer. These diy coffee face masks also clear off dead skin cells, which will make your skin look younger.
Coffee has anti-wrinkle powers as well. That’s one of the reasons it’s so popular in beauty products and at the spa.
1. Face mask with coffee, coconut, cinnamon, and sugar
Our first diy coffee face mask for firming your skin also works for your body. It firms and exfoliates at the same time.
- The caffeine improves the texture of your face, making it smoother.
- The coconut oil is full of vitamins and minerals that deeply hydrate your skin.
- The sugar gives the exfoliation you need without the damage that harsh chemicals can cause.
- The cinnamon protects your skin from bacteria and minimizes the appearance of fine lines.
This mask will naturally moisturize your skin and give it a beautiful radiance. We recommend using it once a week.
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of ground coffee (75 g)
- ½ cup of sugar (100 g)
- 1 tsp. of powdered cinnamon (5 g)
- Melt the coconut over low heat, not allowing it to burn or boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Apply to your skin after showering, making circular massaging movements on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Let sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water or a wet washcloth.
2. Coffee, sugar, honey, and oil
The sugar gets rid of dead skin cells and encourages natural rejuvenation. This means younger-looking skin. Caffeine stimulates blood flow to your skin, reducing redness and inflammation. Honey moisturizes and softens your skin. And finally, olive oil provides a large amount of vitamins to leave you with healthy, hydrated, soft skin.
- 1 cup of ground coffee (150 g)
- 1 cup of brown sugar (200 g)
- 2 tbsp. of honey (50 g)
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil (48 g)
- Mix all of the ingredients together. The mask should be thick enough to apply.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck, deeply massaging.
- Let sit until dry, and then rinse with cool or warm water.
- Use once a week.
3. Diy coffee face mask with honey and baking soda
Our third coffee face mask for firm skin is the best option for people who often get blackheads.
The baking soda deep-cleans your skin, removes oil, and helps shrink your pores. The grainy texture of the sugar complements the effects of the baking soda.
- 1 tsp. of ground coffee (5 g)
- 1 tbsp. of honey (25 g)
- 2 tsp. of sugar (10 g)
- 1 tsp. of baking soda (5 g)
- Combine all of the ingredients until a paste is formed.
- Apply to your face and neck, making gentle circular massing motions.
- Let sit for 20 minutes and then remove with a damp cloth or cool water.
- Dry your skin and close your pores by tapping your face.
- To finish, use your favorite moisturizing lotion.
4. Coffee face mask for sensitive skin
Taking care of sensitive skin can be hard. And if you want to prevent or treat skin that has lost firmness, it becomes an even greater challenge.
Luckily certain natural ingredients can help you out without causing any irritation. Below is one great option.
- ½ cup of freshly ground coffee (75 g)
- ¼ cup of oats (15 g)
- ½ cup of honey (167 g)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- First, mix all of the ingredients together and keep in a covered glass container.
- After washing your face and neck, gently massage the mask into your skin.
- Let sit a few minutes and then rinse with warm water.
5. Diy coffee face mask with honey and yogurt
This particular combination of ingredients clears dead skin cells at a very deep level.
The coffee and yogurt contain antioxidants that fight signs of aging like wrinkles and dark spots. They also encourage regeneration of your skin cells.
As for the honey, it has antibacterial properties that protect your skin from bacterial infection.
- 1 tbsp. of instant coffee (10 g)
- 1 tbsp. of organic honey (25 g)
- 1 tbsp. of yogurt (20 g)
- First, mix all of the ingredients together and apply to your previously wash face.
- Then, let sit 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water while gently massaging.
- After, apply your favorite moisturizer.