Many people suffer from toenail fungus. They are often associated with extreme pain. The fungus grows in warm, moist and dark environments. Your toenail will typically have this type of dark and humid environment, because you wear shoes for longer part of the day. The likeliness of toenail fungus increases significantly when your shoes are moist. So how to get rid of toenail fungus?
How to Identify Toenail Fungus?
Usually, it starts with a yellow/white spot at the nail tip. If this appears, it is a sign of the initial stage of the infection.
With time the nails start becoming thick and dark, and may even begin cracking. This is because the fungus is growing. You may even notice that the shape of the nail is changing and it becomes dull.
The fungal growth can also cause detachment of nails off the nail bed, and this can cause uneasiness. If you don’t take any remedial action, it could remain there forever. In fact, it may also return after being treated.
How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus in Less Than 10 Days
- Tea Tree Oil Remedy
You can treat nail fungus using natural remedies without any side effects. The main ingredients for this natural toenail fungus remedy are tree oil and orange oil.
This remedy requires the following natural ingredients:
- Tea tree oil – 1 tbsp
- Orange oil – half tbsp.
- Olive oil / Grape seed oil – half tsp
- You will also need some cotton balls.
How to Prepare?
- Mix all the ingredients and stir well
- Drop a cotton ball into the mixture and leave it to soak
- Apply the soaked cotton ball on the toenail (make sure the oil drips down into the nail)
- Leave it to dry
There is an alternative method too. Fill a bowl with water and add 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil into it. Immerse your feet into this solution for 15-20 minutes.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to repeat it two times daily.
- Vinegar & Baking Soda Remedy
This is another method for how to get rid of toenail fungus. The main ingredients required for this remedy are:
- Apple cider vinegar / white vinegar – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 5 tbsp
How to Prepare?
- Take a large bowl, pour the water into it and add vinegar
- Dip your feet into it and leave for 15 minutes
- Use a towel and tap to dry your feet
- Add the baking soda into the solution
- Again soak your feet in the bowl for 15 minutes
The vinegar will kill the fungus and the baking soda will prevent any chances of redevelopment.
- Coconut Oil Remedy
Coconut oil also helps in treating toenail fungal infections. Rub the oil twice on the toenails. It will help in eliminating the fungus and preventing its re-growth. It will also leave your feet and hand skin softer.
Use these natural and safe remedies to treat toenail fungus. They will not only destroy the fungal infection, they will also prevent it from re-growing.
Via: Everyday Roots
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health