Are you fed up with annoying, painful hemorrhoids? Learn about what’s causing them, how to prevent them, and some great ways to treat hemorrhoids naturally.
Hemorrhoids are an annoying, painful problem. Believe it or not, though, they’re also a very common problem.
Hemorrhoids are characterized by inflammation of the veins in your rectum. One of the most frequent symptoms is itching. In some cases, this can lead to bleeding.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some great ways how to treat hemorrhoids naturally.
What should you know about hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are the result of pressure on your anus. This can appear both internally and externally.
The most frequent complication is bleeding while defecating. The second most common is the formation of a painful blood clot.
The symptoms of hemorrhoids include:
- Painless bleeding from your rectum.
- Itching and irritation
- Pain around your rectum while sitting
- Pain while defecating
- A sensitive, hard lump in your anus.
There are many different causes of hemorrhoids. Some include:
- Eating a diet with too much flour
- Not eating enough fruits and vegetables
- Giving birth, because of the pressure from pushing
- Using too much effort while defecating
- Liver cirrhosis
- Spending too much time seated
- Large bowel movements
How to treat hemorrhoids naturally
First, you need to determine what is causing the hemorrhoids. Then, you can decide how to treat your hemorrhoids.
For example, if it is due to constipation, it would be a good idea to add more fiber to your diet. If it appeared because you sit a lot every day, try changing your position throughout the day.
In addition, consider trying some natural, homemade remedies to treat hemorrhoids naturally. These include:
1. Aloe Vera
This plant is used for all kinds of skin complications and problems, including wounds and rashes.
It’s a natural alternative that refreshes and reduces inflammation where applied. It also helps to relieve itching and burning.
How to use it:
- All you have to do is cut an aloe vera leaf lengthwise to take out the gel. Once you get the gel from inside the leaf, apply it to the affected area. Make sure that the area you apply it to is clean and dry.
- Other options are to cut off the aloe’s thorns and place the leaf above your rectum. This allows your rectum to absorb the gel.
- You can also buy creams that have aloe vera in them.
2. Epsom salts
Taking a bath is very recommended to help treat hemorrhoids naturally. They relieve the symptoms and prevent new bleeding or pain.
How to use them:
- Epsom salts can be used in the bathtub or in any other comfortable tub. Keep in mind you will have to sit there for a few minutes. The water shouldn’t be boiling hot, but it should be either lukewarm or hot.
- Epsom salts are a good solution for pain or itching caused by hemorrhoids.
- Just put one tablespoon of Epsom salts in your bath to avoid getting rashes. If you don’t have Epsom Salts, you can also use baking soda.
3. Medicinal herbs
The best plants you can use to treat hemorrhoids naturally are chamomile, horsetail, and oak.
How to use them:
- You can use them for baths. Only a small amount is needed. You can also apply it to the affected area with a cotton towel. The way to do this is to make a tea by mixing a tablespoon of the selected herb with hot water. Then let the tea cool and let the cotton towel soak it up.
4. Make a compress
Take a cotton towel or hand cloth and wet it with lukewarm water. Sit on the cloth for 15 minutes. This should be done 3 to 5 times per day or every day you are bothered by hemorrhoids.
5. Swiss chard
This is another natural and effective option that helps to reduce your symptoms quickly.
How to use it:
- Wash a bundle of Swiss chard. Put it in the freezer so that it freezes through. Place a frozen leaf on your hemorrhoids up to three times per day.
- The effect this home remedy has is based in the cold and the water in the Swiss chard.
6. Beets and carrots
Peel both of these vegetables and grate them. Then, crush them. Add a little water to make a paste. Apply to the inflamed vein using gauze.
This will help reduce inflammation and itching.
This is an easy, cheap, effective way to treat hemorrhoids naturally. Potatoes reduce inflammation and burning thanks to their water content and curative properties.
How to use them:
- You can grate them and apply them with a paper towel. This can be done several times per day. Another way to use it is to cut a slice and apply it directly.
8. Essential oils
- to alleviate the stinging, use lavender oil;
- to heal the tissues, use cypress;
- for an antiseptic, use tea tree oil.
We recommend that you try using these on another part of your body before using them on your rectum. This allows you to look out for any possible allergic reactions or rashes.
What to do if you have hemorrhoids
Besides using these home remedies, there are some other things we can do when we have an episode of pain, irritation, or bleeding. We can also avoid complications by changing some of our daily habits:
- Avoid laxatives, because they cause diarrhea and increase the sensation of burning.
- Use unscented toilet paper. Perfumes irritate the affected area.
- Wash the area well after using the restroom.
- Eat more foods that have fiber to prevent constipation.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat vitamin C. This helps increase your veins flexibility.
- Drink natural fruit juices.
- Don’t use force when going to the restroom.
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Don’t sit for multiple hours on end.
Image Source: WikiYeah
Subscribe to Our
Join Our Mailing List and Receive the Latest Healthy Tips
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.