Potatoes were first cultivated by the native people of Peru some 4.000 years ago. Potatoes were brought from America to Europe in the beginning of the 16thmost popular vegetables in the world. They grow on almost any type of terrain, they are easy to find and they usually come at a really low price.
People prepare potatoes in many ways – baked potatoes, french fries, mashed potatoes etc. But, what many people don’t know that potato juice can be used too.
We are all aware of the benefits that eating potatoes bring but some of these benefits are even better if we consume potato juice instead. Indigenous people in America have used potato juice for centuries for treatment of various health problems and diseases.
Potatoes contain large amounts of vitamins (A,B and C), fiber, carbohydrates, phosphorus, potassium, iron and other nutrients and their juice gets the most from their content. The benefits that this juice brings are numerous and we can separate them into three categories.
Health Benefits of Potato Juice
- One of the recent studies have shown that potato juice can be effective in the process of cancer treatment. Potato juice allegedly affects cancer cells and stops them from spreading through the system. This benefit is not scientifically confirmed.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of potato juice are beneficial for people suffering from arthritis and joint pain. A glass of potato juice in the morning will ease the pain caused by this disease in a matter of weeks.
- Toxins in our body are building up as a result of practicing unhealthy diet. Over time these toxins start to disrupt our everyday life by producing symptoms such as lack of energy and weaker immune system. Potato juice can help the body eliminate toxins and re-energize the cells.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease commonly known as heartburn can be treated with potato juice too. The positive impact of using this juice should be felt by people suffering from heartburn after only few days of using (in the morning).
- Since potatoes contain fiber it is no surprise why their juice is helpful when it comes to digestive problems like bloating, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea and hemorrhoids.
Benefits for the Hair
This juice has positive effects on hair too.
- Many people have confirmed that juice of potato helps them make their gray hair appear darker. It also adds a beautiful glow.
- It can revive hair follicles and make them grow faster. This means that you can use potato juice in cases of hair loss. You can create a very effective mixture with egg whites and honey and apply it on your hair. After 60 minutes you can rinse the hair and enjoy the effects in a few days.
Potato Juice is Beneficial for the Skin
- Also helps with dry skin in two ways – by applying the juice directly on your skin and by drinking a glass of potato juice every day. It will hydrate your skin and make it glow.
- This juice can also ease the pain in cases of sunburn and make the skin regenerate faster.
- Finally, it can help people tone their wrinkles. By using a piece of cotton soaked with potato juice on the area affected by wrinkles every day you will be able to make the wrinkles appear shallower and less visible.
* You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Best Herbal Health
494 4 1